Headlight Question

1 reply to this topic
  • woods-rider

Posted February 12, 2011 - 07:38 PM

About two years ago my stock light took a rock to the glass lens and shattered it. A new housing is close to $90 which is just ridiculous IMO so I bought one of these.
Posted Image
It really sucks to say the least and the filaments in the bulbs keep breaking.

A few months ago I floated the ground on my bike and put on a trailtech DC regulator so I can run my heated grips all day without draining the battery to the point where the electric start wouldn't work. Now I am wanting an HID light, but don't want to fork out $200+ for one. I would really like a 2007+ stock WR light with the HID conversion, but the stock lights are pretty spendy (if someone knows where I can get a used one or a deal on one I would love to hear about it). Does anyone know if this headlight could be easily converted to HID? I already have the mounting straps from my current headlight.

Any other HID or headlight suggestions are more than welcome.

Click Me

Edited by woods-rider, February 12, 2011 - 08:44 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted February 14, 2011 - 09:16 PM

I have been looking at DDMs site for an HID conversion kit and want to be sure what I order will fit. Here is the kit I am looking at and I was going to order the H4 bulb in 55W in 4500k color. Will this mount in a stock 2006 WR headlight housing and most of the stock look-a-like housings? This kit comes with everything you need for two lights so if someone is interested in splitting the $40 ($10 extra for the 55w bulbs puts it at $40) just let me know.

http://www.ddmtuning...-Raptor-HID-Kit

I still have not found the new headlight that I am going to put this HID kit into. Again, any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Edit:
I just noticed that it says "All kits use AC bulbs and ballasts for increased reliability and lifespan" on the DDM site. Does this mean that since I have floated the ground on my bike and am using a DC regulator/rectifier that this kit won't work for me?

Edited by woods-rider, February 14, 2011 - 10:04 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.