Just bought a new WR450!!

10 replies to this topic
  • medicman

Posted February 11, 2011 - 09:16 PM

Hey guys just picked up a brand new 2011 wr450:ride: I'am so pumped I dont know where to begin. Looking for a few tips? AIS removal? grey wire? Guide me in the right direction.....Cant wait to ride the girl:banana:

• medicman

Posted February 12, 2011 - 01:00 AM

Is there any reason to remove to AIS other than weight savings? When I change to the JD jetting will keeping the AIS on affect anything?

• dgcars

Posted February 12, 2011 - 01:35 AM

Is there any reason to remove to AIS other than weight savings? When I change to the JD jetting will keeping the AIS on affect anything?

Will save a few ozs. Gives that de-cluttered look. Helps reduce popping on decel. Doesn't have any effect on jetting.

• ASternad

Posted February 12, 2011 - 02:08 AM

If you live in CA, leaving the system intact helps with anal OHV super rangers.
Some care if it"s on and some don't. You can disable it's function while leaving the system visually there.

• climaxx dirtbikes

Posted February 12, 2011 - 04:35 AM

Use the search tool. Its all you need. Good luck and congrats!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • medicman

Posted February 12, 2011 - 11:38 AM

Ok guys so I'am really nerding out on the WR fourm right now! the PMB exhaust tip that everyone is talking about, Is it specific to the WR? I only saw the yzf one(blue in color) that had the removalbe spark arrestor. Is this the one? Thanks

• the_smoo

Posted February 12, 2011 - 01:12 PM

Your first stop should be the stickys... Read... Search...
read stickys again, then post if unsure... Congratulations.. Nothing like the feeling of a new bike!

• WR450FGreg

Posted February 12, 2011 - 01:29 PM

Yep,

+1 on the Search tool and Stickies!

Greg

• YamaLink

Posted February 12, 2011 - 03:46 PM

After reading the Stickies.....set your sag and grease the linkage and check the spokes and the air filter and oil level.

• medicman

Posted February 12, 2011 - 04:31 PM

cool thanks guys, Ive removed the snorkle,unpluged the grey wire, and removed the exhaust baffle with the USFS insert still in. Gonna order JD jets tonight!!

• Flagstaff

Posted February 13, 2011 - 08:47 PM

Congrats!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.