rear brake caliper guard

3 replies to this topic
  • ZEKEDAWG

Posted July 28, 2003 - 06:39 AM

I broke the stock plastic guard and want to upgrade. I see that works connection makes an aluminum one that offers good side protection but not alot of protection on the top of the caliper. Are there any other manufacturers out there that make a better guard? Or any other options?

• DesertChris

Posted July 28, 2003 - 09:26 AM

The works connection one works just fine, I put my through hell on a regular basis.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ZEKEDAWG

Posted July 28, 2003 - 10:03 AM

i talked with a guy at BRP and he said to stick with the stock one because the aluminum ones might bend and contact the caliper, if you didn't notice it was bent it could cause undo wear to the brakes. At least the stock ones bend and snap back into shape and if they brake then it did its job and you get a new one

• DesertChris

Posted July 28, 2003 - 11:22 AM

I snapped my plastic one completely off leaving me with zero protection. All the stock guards that Yamaha provided have done very little in the way of protection. I have around 500 race miles with the aluminum caliper guard without any problems.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.