OEM filter vs. Twin Air filter. PICS

21 replies to this topic
  • ttr250dude

Posted February 10, 2011 - 06:25 PM

I just put in my Twin Air filter and i thought some of u might want to see pics of the size difference. The Twin Air filter is slightly smaller than the OEM to allow more dead space in the airbox.

http://s1116.photobu...110210-1647.jpg

http://s1116.photobu...110210-1732.jpg

http://s1116.photobu...0_7938885_n.jpg

Edited by ttr250dude, February 10, 2011 - 11:38 PM.

• ttr250dude

Posted February 10, 2011 - 06:28 PM

BTW, how the heck to i post pictures? I'm about to smash my laptop because i used to be able to post pics but i cant figure out how to.

• Mr. Neutron

Posted February 10, 2011 - 07:09 PM

Hi, Ttr250dude!

Here's a reply from a very "low-Tech" individual that may or may not help. I apologize in advance if it's not accurate, wrong, or doesn't help. I can put images in my posts, but can't always explain stuff very well..... :rant:

When you want to put a photo in with a post, just use the "Insert Image" dealie right above the box you type your text in. Now, as far as I know, the picture you want to show up in your post has to already be out there in cyberspace, on a website, or a photo hosting server, or whatever. Copy the URL address of the photo you wish to show, doing the "Control+C" thing. Next, click on the yellow icon with a mountain in it (sorta looks like a post card to me....). It opens up a dialog box. Paste ("Control+V") the URL address you copied into that dialog box, and then click OK. Basically, you're going to have your image's url addy bracketed with a "Fake Web Address"......

Here's Yamaha's latest entry to the outdoor mx nationals....

Posted Image

But I couldn't get this to work with your web addy to your facebook pics. You may wanna try posting them to a webshots or photobucket type of photo hosting service..... :smirk:

Jimmie

Edited by Diesel Goober, February 10, 2011 - 07:18 PM.
fixed a fat-fingered typo.....

• ttr250dude

Posted February 10, 2011 - 11:35 PM

That looks like another breakthrough in motocross technology haha.

Im pretty sure these new links should work. Try it out and let me know.

• tech24

Posted February 11, 2011 - 06:49 AM

in photobucket just copy the IMG code and paste it in your post

• grayracer513

Posted February 11, 2011 - 08:19 AM

But I couldn't get this to work with your web addy to your facebook pics.

The trouble with posting pics here from Facebook is that in order to see them, you have to sign into Facebook first. The picture otherwise won't show up, and there are any number of us who just don't have a Facebook account (and aren't about to create one)

• Mr. Neutron

Posted February 11, 2011 - 08:56 AM

and there are any number of us who just don't have a Facebook account (and aren't about to create one)

Wow.... :smirk: I thought I was the last person on earth to not have a Faceplant account...... :lol:

Hey, that's a very pretty pink TwinAir filter, TTR250dude!!! :rant:

Jimmie

• grayracer513

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:05 AM

Wow.... :smirk: I thought I was the last person on earth to not have a Faceplant account...... :rant:

No, young James, there are 14 of us at last count, including you.

Nice YL-1, BTW. For a second, I thought it was one of these:

Posted Image

• tech24

Posted February 11, 2011 - 12:28 PM

make that 15 please :rant:

ill twitter in my space and google on her facebook :smirk:

• KJK_JR

Posted February 11, 2011 - 02:39 PM

add one more...I will never have a facebook account.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dvn

Posted February 11, 2011 - 03:26 PM

Me too. No Facebook for me.

• jcm3

Posted February 11, 2011 - 08:49 PM

I have posted Facebook pics before, and was never told by anyone that they couldn't be seen. If I open the pic, then right-click and choose properties, copy the URL address, and paste that in, everyone seems to be able to see them.

Can everyone see this Facebook pic? If not, then my bad.

Posted Image

Edited by jcm3, February 11, 2011 - 10:17 PM.

• ttr250dude

Posted February 12, 2011 - 12:14 AM

jcm3, i can see it.

Are u guys anle to see the new pics i posted?

• ttr250dude

Posted February 12, 2011 - 12:17 AM

Can you see either of these?

http://a5.sphotos.ak...1209603_674.jpg

Posted Image

• ttr250dude

Posted February 12, 2011 - 12:19 AM

Thanks jcm3!! Yes thats me and my sled on open water.

• Mr. Neutron

Posted February 12, 2011 - 05:58 AM

Yup, we can see 'em!!!

And I did see the 3 photos in your original post, after you edited the links, ttr250dude.....:smirk: (That's how I knew you have a lovely pink TwinAir filter, hee hee....)

That's a neat picture above here, btw. :rant:

Jimmie

• ttr250dude

Posted February 12, 2011 - 09:21 AM

Haha yeah i think i might have to order some different filter oil next time. I'm not a fan of the pink color..

• shrubitup

Posted February 12, 2011 - 09:43 AM

Facebook is for :smirk:

What color is that twin air on your sled/jet ski?

• Mr. Neutron

Posted February 12, 2011 - 09:55 AM

I'm guessing that's the old NoToil, or some other kinda red flavored oil doing that to your filter......

I've got a TwinAir Filter in mine also, and my BelRay filter oil makes it a cute "Smurf Blue' color.... :rant:

Actually, it was kinda nice seeing your pics of the stock filter, then the TwinAir. I'm not certain how much difference the smaller filter/more dead air space combo makes; it's probably more discernible by noise rather than performance.... :smirk:

But back on the oil subject again.... Grayracer513 said something in one of his recent posts that triggered an old, inactive brain cell my Goober brain... Back shortly after the earth's crust cooled, I was in a small engine repair class. We saw a movie on air filters, put out by Filtron, I believe. Anyway, the gist of what I can recall from that movie was that the foam only serves to stop "big chunks" from getting in your intake, and to hold the real filtering media. The OIL is the media that actually catches & stops the particles from getting in. The oil is the filter.

And here's where Gray's post helped me the most: He said he wanted the stickiest, gooiest, oil he could get, and oil that stayed in that condition as long as possible. You want something with the qualities of a 'booger on your finger ya can't shake off", and doesn't "dry up" over time. More or less....

I'd been using the red NoToil, because of it's ease of clean up. But anytime my bike sat idle for, say, a couple of weeks or more, the air filter (the oil, remember :p ) was no very longer tacky or sticky. :smirk: Since the bike was a KTM, and their filters are so easy to get to, I simply cleaned it more frequently. (Side note here: Don't buy NoToil's powder soap cleaner. Use Oxy5, or something similar. They're the same thing, only cheaper & easier to get.... :lol: ) Grayracer513's post about his reasons for using Maxima were understandable. I haven't been able to try Maxima filter oil, but BelRay's blue colored stuff is really sticky, and seems to stay that way for a good while. They are a slightly more work to clean than the NoToil or similar stuff, but if they catch more junk, and stay tacky for a while, it's worth it to me..... Now if I could figure out how to oil my filter without overoiling it.... Sigh... Seems like I do that almost everytime I oil the goofy things..... :p

Jimmie

• jcm3

Posted February 12, 2011 - 11:45 PM

Thanks jcm3!! Yes thats me and my sled on open water.

Cool pic!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.