whack the throttle

4 replies to this topic
  • humpness

Posted February 09, 2011 - 09:07 PM

I installed my Q4 and megabomb a week ago and I am having troubles with bog when i whack the throttle. It was jetted very nice up until the new pipe. I can kill it pretty easy it also has some popping(little excessive) along with it. I feel my pilot screw is tuned right(2 1/2 out).

my bike is a 07 yzf450. 48 pilot, 168 main, stock needle 4th clip

Do I need to do the O ring mod? Can I do this without removing the carb? I had a friend work on my carb a while back, I think he used safety wire before on my bike but im not sure. He also said something about a grinder also. Im hoping maybe the safety wire or the o-ring broke or came undone.

Edited by EOYZF, February 11, 2011 - 12:25 PM.

• Yzf_Buz

Posted February 12, 2011 - 09:31 PM

Did you look into what FMF says for the are recommended jetting specs for that set up ? My 06 yz450 had to be re-jetted and I have the mega bomb and carbon 4.1 slip on. You can put a new plug in your ride to see how the carb is working but it is probably running rich with that mega bomb and it needs to be leaned out. just a guess tho, check out FMF site for recommendation.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ttr250dude

Posted February 15, 2011 - 08:21 PM

jetting problem

• humpness

Posted February 15, 2011 - 09:08 PM

jetting problem

• ttr250dude

Posted February 15, 2011 - 10:00 PM

haha brain fart. I meant to say that the problem is likely jetting and will not neccesitate the o-ring mod. Look here for jetting.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.