Jetting w/ Lexx end cap and Twin Air filter

1 reply to this topic
  • ttr250dude

Posted February 09, 2011 - 08:48 PM

I've got an '08 450f with a Lexx end cap and a Twin Air air filter. In the end cap, I'm using the larger bore outlet and no spark arrester or silencer. The Twin Air air filters are slightly smaller than stock to allow more dead space in the air box.
I was thinking a 50 pilot, 170 main, and 2 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw. I like to run my machines a little rich. I'm at 700' elevation and 70-95 degrees. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, bill804

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 09, 2011 - 10:46 PM

I was thinking a 50 pilot, 170 main, and 2 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw. I like to run my machines a little rich. I'm at 700' elevation and 70-95 degrees. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Uh, yeah.

Your pilot should be either a #45 or 48 at the most. You might possibly need the 170 main, but I would bet that a 168 will be closer. Running "a little rich" (or a lot) is not good for an engine. In fact, it washes oil off the rings, contaminates the oil, fouls plugs, and adds to the carbon on th episton and valves.

Read the posts in the fuel system section of Common Threads and browse the '08 jetting sticky.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.