Questions WR/YZ 450 wheels?

5 replies to this topic
  • mcpga

Posted February 09, 2011 - 02:56 PM

I recently bought a plated 2003 Yamaha WR450 with a Motard set-up. The bike it fitted with the complete front end and rear wheel from an '08 WR250X Motard. I also received from the seller all of the original dirt bike parts including the original odometer. Eventhough the bike in Motard trim is a lot of fun to ride, I'm a dirt biker and want re-install the original WR parts, add some new DOT tires and use the bike as Dual Sport. I have a CRF450r for serious dirt riding.

Here are my questions: Since the bike now has a Trail Tech Vapor speedometer I will not be re-installing the OEM WR odometer. Without the OEM odometer installed I'm assuming the original WR front wheel would not work because of the spacing. Would a YZ450F front wheel work instead? If yes, would it be a direct bolt in, will I need the YZ axle and spacers and what year YZ front wheels would fit? If no, I'm open to any other suggestions? Also, what would be a good Dual Sport gear set-up? Not looking to take a trip on the bike mostly around town under 55MPH and trail riding. The current Motard set-up is 14/49 and dirt setup spockets are 14/52. Thanks!

• SoCA_DRZ

Posted February 09, 2011 - 09:12 PM

Here's what you need

Posted Image

http://www.flatlandr...ter Eliminators

• mcpga

Posted February 10, 2011 - 02:12 PM

That's awesome! Would have never found that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Icelandic_amateur

Posted February 11, 2011 - 12:48 PM

Hi. Would you be interested in selling your OEM Yamaha WR speedomeeter.
I drowned my bike in a river 2 years ago. - All went fine except the odo meter stopped working. Thus need a new one.

• mcpga

Posted February 11, 2011 - 02:42 PM

Sure why not! PM me please.

• justbackitin

Posted February 14, 2011 - 01:11 PM

I just replaced the right side wheel bearing with a sealed on from a local bearing shop, and used a spacer fro a Honda I had lying along. The sealed bearing has held up great through 2 seasons of ice racing and mx.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.