It Happened AGAIN!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • G-Man

Posted April 02, 2001 - 06:40 PM

We've all been there letting guys you were a lil worried bout riding your new bike!

Well my good buddy Jim "Crash" Connors who happens to be my G/F's bro and also already had crashed into my bike when it was 3wks old, causing a considerable amount of cosmetic damage!! :) ...

He has an 01 426 too and wanted to exchange bikes at SpeedWorld for some laps. I reluctantly agreed even though I had a bad feeling about the idea.

This is the same guy that after he T-Boned me, the next week he landed on some beginner rider in practice. Wadded up in practice the following week and could not race, then two weeks later tangled with ANOTHER guy in the WORKZ GP @ SpeedWorld. I think you get the idea, on why I was a lil nervous and just should have gone with my intution and said "No".

He invited one of his pilot beginner buddies and the dude decided to pull off the track at the base of the 4th gear Flyaway. Jim saw him pull off but instead of slowing down he gassed it and T-Boned him ON MY BIKE!!!! I was on the track at the time and when I looked back and no longer saw Ragdoll Conners my heart started Pattering Fast!!!

Sure enough off in the distance I could see Jimco dragging my bike off the track!!
Oh well good thing he has a lot of money cuz now I need a new front wheel (going with a 20") and some other parts..

The other guys bike came out much worse, I still need to check if the forks are bent. The only way I know of that's quick and easy is the straight edge on the lower tubes, anyone else have any ideas?

G-Man

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 02, 2001 - 07:25 PM

G-Man, can I ride your bike when you get it back together??????? :)

If you have a spare laser boresite set laying around, it would be a good way to check your forks.

• G-Man

Posted April 02, 2001 - 07:34 PM

Originally posted by Paul in AZ:
If you have a spare laser boresite set laying around, it would be a good way to check your forks.

ROFLMAO!!!! That's classic, I'll dig out the "spare laser boresight" and check it out!

G

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • F-Pilot

Posted April 02, 2001 - 07:47 PM

OUCH!
I know the feeling, watched a friend wad up my 98 at SW, gotta say he was a good rider, he just misjudged the power a bit.
Will you have it fixed by this weekend?
I'm trying to make SW on Sat. and Canyon on Sun.
Gotta get some practice before the Int'l.
How 'bout you Paul? Your ankle feeling any better?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 02, 2001 - 07:51 PM

What the H is ROFLMAO?

• G-Man

Posted April 02, 2001 - 08:07 PM

Originally posted by Paul in AZ:
What the H is ROFLMAO?

Ahhhh yes I forgot your new to the internet... :)

ROFLMAO=Rolling on floor lasughing my ass off
LOL=Laughing out loud
IMHO=In my honest opinon
etc. blah blah blah

many more but I'm too "busy" right now! LOL

[This message has been edited by G-Man (edited 04-02-2001).]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.