CDI box off YZ on WR

5 replies to this topic
  • moondoo

Posted February 08, 2011 - 12:03 PM

Will a YZ CDI box give any advantage on a WR? Anyone try this?

• William1

Posted February 08, 2011 - 01:33 PM

Big job to swap. YZ is powered directly off the stator, runs on 70VAC, the WR one is powered by the battery/reg/rec in 12.5VDC. Those that must, put in a Vortex or Dynatech.

• wanawakeboard

Posted February 08, 2011 - 01:51 PM

I thought pulling the grey wire was supposed to revert the timing back to yz specs... are you guys talking about something else? or was I misinformed?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted February 08, 2011 - 06:11 PM

Pulling the Grey wire makes the WR CDI operate more in a 'YZ like mode'. As far as I know, it is not identical to a YZ CDI.

• Birdy426

Posted February 08, 2011 - 08:08 PM

Just to clarify...William1 is talking about the four-fiddies. On the 400s and 426s it's not as big a job, ut is really or no advantage.

• wanawakeboard

Posted February 09, 2011 - 12:07 PM

Pulling the Grey wire makes the WR CDI operate more in a 'YZ like mode'. As far as I know, it is not identical to a YZ CDI.

thanks.... I appreciate the clarification... :smirk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.