Aftermarket Kickstand?

7 replies to this topic
  • Raider925

Posted February 07, 2011 - 02:53 PM

does PMB or anyone else make an aftermarket kickstand for a 2007 WR450F?

Im not sure if the YZ450F PMB kickstand would work because of the Coolant Spill Bucket under the rear fender.

Thanks

• miweber929

Posted February 08, 2011 - 05:27 AM

What's wrong with the stock one? The one on my 04 tucks up great, holds the bike nicely and is fairly light.

Just curious.......

• ohioryder

Posted February 08, 2011 - 03:04 PM

PM sent....

Edited by ohioryder, February 12, 2011 - 05:43 AM.

• Raider925

Posted February 08, 2011 - 05:09 PM

What's wrong with the stock one? The one on my 04 tucks up great, holds the bike nicely and is fairly light.

Just curious.......

Its real bulky, dont like the exposed spring and doesnt tuck away as well as a PMB Kickstand. It holds the bike up well but I just dont trust to stay tucked away like a PMB.

I would be interested in buying the stock kickstand if it's available?

If a find a PMB or equivalent to replace it, I will let you know.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted February 08, 2011 - 08:10 PM

I had to scarf off a corner on the PMB kickstand for both my 426 and my son's 250 to clear the coolant tank. No big deal, though. Still works great.

• Raider925

Posted February 09, 2011 - 12:39 PM

Here is the answer I got this morning from PMB

"I don't presently make one specifically for the 2007 WR's. The one for the YZ450F of the same year will not bolt right on, though they can be made to fit if the coolant reservior beneath the side number plate is removed/relocated. The other issue is that our stand sits underneath the stock footpeg bracket, and the bracket differs on the WR to mount the stock kickstand. The flange can ground off for our stand to be installed, if you're willing to do some garage-modification."

• ohioryder

Posted February 10, 2011 - 04:46 AM

The stock Yz450 footpeg mount is only like $15.

Edited by ohioryder, February 12, 2011 - 05:44 AM.

• mikewrf18

Posted February 10, 2011 - 04:59 AM

Trail Tech makes a decent kick stand, here's a link with write up on it from dirtrider mag.
http://www.dirtrider...tand/index.html

Don't know if they make one for an o7' you might want to give them a call. They also sell the idividual parts separatly, so you might be able to piece it all together using whatever parts you have that are still usable, and some from them, just an idea.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.