wr426 kickstand install

3 replies to this topic
  • oilspot

Posted February 07, 2011 - 12:34 PM

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but i just picked up a stock kickstand for my 02' WR426.
Question i have is... is there a trick to getting the spring on? The spring is VERY stiff and needs to stretch about two inches to go from peg to peg.

Anybody had to tackle this problem?

I know leverage of some sorts is the answer, but man once you start loading that spring it feels like a ton of potential energy waiting to ruin my afternoon!

• dgcars

Posted February 07, 2011 - 12:44 PM

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but i just picked up a stock kickstand for my 02' WR426.
Question i have is... is there a trick to getting the spring on? The spring is VERY stiff and needs to stretch about two inches to go from peg to peg.

Anybody had to tackle this problem?

I know leverage of some sorts is the answer, but man once you start loading that spring it feels like a ton of potential energy waiting to ruin my afternoon!

Attach the spring before you install the pivot bolt. Use the stand for leverage.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oilspot

Posted February 07, 2011 - 12:56 PM

Attach the spring before you install the pivot bolt. Use the stand for leverage.

lever against what though? i tried a few times like that and the spring seems really prone to coming off the top "peg" because theres not much holding it on that side.

Edit.... just realized that i'm missing a little piece that goes between the top of the spring and the top "peg". Makes sense because it looked like the top of the spring would bind on the stand pivot bolt.

No. 18 in that picture is what I'm missing

http://www.bikebandi...m8113#sch257173

I'm sure getting the spring on will be a little easier with the length of that little piece.

I guess i could order one.... better yet could anybody take a few measurments of that piece. It should be easy enough to make. main measurement i need is distance between holes.

Edited by oilspot, February 07, 2011 - 01:15 PM.

• dgcars

Posted February 07, 2011 - 01:49 PM

Overall length 48. Width 15. Distance between centres 34mm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.