What Cams Are These (pics)?

6 replies to this topic
  • rc51parts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 01:55 PM

From a parts YZ450, not sure if they are stock or aftermarket.
No markings on them whatsoever.
Any (useful) help is sincerely appreciated.
Is there any way for me to tell if they are stock or aftermarket by measuring anything?
Ride safe!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• KJ790

Posted February 05, 2011 - 02:15 PM

Look stock to me. Can't tell you what year they are though. Every year has slightly different specs, but you can't tell by just looking at them.

• rc51parts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 02:20 PM

Ok, thanks. Do aftermarket cams usually have some sort of markings on them? Like the brand name? Or initials?

I'm thinking that hot cams must have had some initials on them? Or anyone else that makes cams for Yamahas.

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted February 05, 2011 - 02:31 PM

Yes, aftermarket cams all have markings on them to tell what they are. Hotcams are normally black in color as well. Hotcams are normally marked with "HC: XX" (where the X's are the grind number that defines the cam). Web cams are reground stock cams, but they always have "Web XXXX" ground into them and they have degree markings on the cam sprockets.

• rc51parts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 02:33 PM

Awesome... have to love the Web girls.

Will assume these are stockers then!

Thanks brotha, ride safe!

• sledtrash

Posted February 05, 2011 - 02:41 PM

These are my hot cams. My bike just so happens to be tore apart, :thumbsup: they are in a 06. And you are correct theyhave identifying markings. I have my stock ones in the hotcams box somewheres but just not sure where.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• MXR176

Posted February 06, 2011 - 08:43 AM

Yes, aftermarket cams all have markings on them to tell what they are. Hotcams are normally black in color as well. Hotcams are normally marked with "HC: XX" (where the X's are the grind number that defines the cam). Web cams are reground stock cams, but they always have "Web XXXX" ground into them and they have degree markings on the cam sprockets.

The new Hot Cams aren't BLACK anymore. The ones that I just recieved are the same color as the stock ones. But like you said above if they are aftermarket they will have the company name stamped in them somewhere.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.