Ocotillo Ride Today

3 replies to this topic
  • Poway Rider

Posted July 26, 2003 - 11:16 AM

Left home at 5:00 am and arrived at Ocotillo by 7:00 am. It was about 88 degrees when we arrived and was pushing 100 degrees by 10:00 am. We had a few good hours to ride without seeing anyone else. I can’t wait until it cools off out there! Who needs a green sticker when it's so hot?

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 26, 2003 - 06:10 PM

You're nuts! I'm pretty much done for the season unless we get a rainy day. It's just way to hot for me. Time to get a 4-stroke personal watercraft for mission bay and ride the bike all winter long... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Poway Rider

Posted July 26, 2003 - 06:15 PM

I am nuts...I had relatives (dirt bikers) in town from MN who had never been riding in the desert. They really enjoyed it. We went boating at San Vicente yesterday.

• FrankCastle

Posted July 26, 2003 - 06:39 PM

Poway rider,
This time of year there is a good ride that starts at the top of the mountain above Borrego and drops you down to the desert floor of Ocotillo. Cool on top and hot on the bottom.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.