Yamaha WR450F mod

3 replies to this topic

Posted February 04, 2011 - 10:06 AM

I have a Yamaha WR450F 07 and i just bought the GYTR powercore4 by FMF and head pipe PowerBomb by FMF too, I was looking to increase HP in the whole range of RPM but specially at low RPM since I ride most of my time on tight trails. Someone told me that i will loose torque on low RPM,

Someone knows if i did the right thing? please give me some advice?

• grayracer513

Posted February 04, 2011 - 10:08 AM

Someone told me that i will loose torque on low RPM

They were, shall we say, mistaken.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted February 04, 2011 - 10:15 AM

Thank you so I will increase HP trhough all the power band right?

• grayracer513

Posted February 04, 2011 - 02:19 PM

Not necessarily, but you won't lose low end pull, either.

If you are changing from a stock WR system, then you should get a significant improvement from the pipe. On a YZ450, the PowerBomb has the effect of making the power curve higher at the low end, slightly higher or about the same at peak, and about the same or a bit better at the top end. It should do fine on the WR, but don't be surprised if you have to work on the jetting quite a bit.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.