500cc Big Bore Stroker Kit

5 replies to this topic
  • Nickm27

Posted February 03, 2011 - 07:56 PM

Ive been looking into this kit... here is what it comes with

YZ450F CYLINDER WORKS BIGBORE +3mm (98mm) CYLINDER KIT 2006-2009 21003-K01 Cylinder Works cylinder: Size: +3mm (98mm bore)
Vertex 12.5:1 Piston +3mm (98mm), complete ring set, piston pin, retaining rings, gasket kit included

YZ450F HOTRODS STROKER CRANKSHAFT +3 (06-09) #4173

YZ450F main bearing and seal kit (06-09) #K022

Cometic Complete Gasket kit for the Yamaha YZ450F 2006-2009
This complete gasket sets include all gaskets necessary to rebuild the engine and transmission

Anyone have any experience with these? I will be running stage 2 hotcams as well....

thanks for any info in advance

• dvn

Posted February 04, 2011 - 04:09 AM

Just make sure you send it out to be balanced.

• DC_Excitement

Posted February 04, 2011 - 04:55 AM

i put that same combo in an 06. went smooth and the thing now is scary fast, your gonna have to play with the jetting after though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nickm27

Posted February 04, 2011 - 04:07 PM

Sweet! thanks for the replies. Im seriously considering buying it, I think it would go well with the stage 2 cams with out having to mess with the valve springs... Im not really wanting to go that far yet..but i will if i need to. Id like to see how this feels once i install it all. then i can go further into the head if i feel like i need more...

Im trying to get some dyno charts out of them but havent recieved any emails back so far.

dvn: Where would be a good place to have it all balanced? I was hoping the yamaha dealer near me was able to?

davecarrr: tell me more about your 06 450.. what mods did you combine it with besides tuning the carb? pipe? silencer? head work? what comp ratio was the piston you ran? this comes with a 12.5:1. let me know man thanks

• 450motard

Posted February 04, 2011 - 06:10 PM

dvn: Where would be a good place to have it all balanced? I was hoping the yamaha dealer near me was able to?

I've never seen a dealership with this kind of equipment - I would imagine they would simply send the work to someone else and then charge you a mark-up. Save yourself the hassle and find a decent engine builder and go straight to the source.

• Nickm27

Posted February 05, 2011 - 10:37 AM

ok, I will have to check around... i dont know anyone around my area that can balance a dirtbike motor..

Davecarrr: did you have yours balanced and if so where did you send yours to?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.