any difference between '07 and '09 450?

5 replies to this topic
  • The Hopper Show

Posted February 03, 2011 - 07:48 PM

i found this clean wr. have not gone to look at it yet.

http://portland.crai...2193884711.html

and there is also a brand new '09 at the local dealer with a tag of $5300 on it. could i reasonably get it for say...$4500?

any diff in the two years? would one be a smarter purchase than the other? whats the better option?

thanks

• JDLowrance

Posted February 03, 2011 - 08:29 PM

No differences worth mentioning.

If you can afford the new one it's the only way to go...doubt you'll get it for $4500. $5300 is an excellent deal for a new 09 (especially in Oregon as you pay no tax).

• The Hopper Show

Posted February 03, 2011 - 08:36 PM

i will pay tax no matter what state i buy it from :thumbsup:

outside of the sticker kit i am not finding too many real differences?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 57Frontier

Posted February 04, 2011 - 05:39 AM

I was recently exactly where your are. Found a couple clean 07's for about the same as the one listed and ended up buying a new 09 for $5200.

• JDLowrance

Posted February 04, 2011 - 09:11 AM

i will pay tax no matter what state i buy it from :thumbsup:

outside of the sticker kit i am not finding too many real differences?

Right, you're in Washington. If you have a friend in Oregon, let them buy it and sell it to you.

Worked for me on an R1 I bought back in '01.

John

• The Hopper Show

Posted February 04, 2011 - 05:38 PM

Right, you're in Washington. If you have a friend in Oregon, let them buy it and sell it to you.

Worked for me on an R1 I bought back in '01.

John

no way to avoid it. if i title it in wash, i pay tax period. they even get you on things given to you. i.e. an old ford truck my dad gave me. had to pay tax on the "value" of the truck. of course i told them it was worth $50. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.