New to me WR450

2 replies to this topic
  • ZWR450

Posted February 02, 2011 - 08:01 AM

Hey~
Just bought a slightly used 2009 WR450FY that has 93 miles on it. Looks brand new. It came with an aluminum skid plate and Moose Racing hand guards. I bought it for $5000, is that a good deal?

I'm excited to go ride as this is my first bike ever. I rode my friend's 2008 WR450 and loved it...that's what made me decide to get one too.

I just changed the oil, to be safe and did all the free mods listed on here other than re-jetting.
Should I have the AIS removed (I'm in Cali) or should I just plug it and leave it on?

Paul

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dgcars

Posted February 02, 2011 - 08:26 AM

Remove it if you want the de-clutter look and maybe a lb or 2 lighter. There is no peformance gain to be had.

• Dube2

Posted February 02, 2011 - 03:06 PM

Hey~
Just bought a slightly used 2009 WR450FY that has 93 miles on it. Looks brand new. It came with an aluminum skid plate and Moose Racing hand guards. I bought it for $5000, is that a good deal?

I'm excited to go ride as this is my first bike ever. I rode my friend's 2008 WR450 and loved it...that's what made me decide to get one too.

I just changed the oil, to be safe and did all the free mods listed on here other than re-jetting.
Should I have the AIS removed (I'm in Cali) or should I just plug it and leave it on?

Paul

congrats on the new Locamotive:thumbsup: i installed the kit but plugged all the hoses. so the in-the-know rangers can see my ais is complete and no mods, as long as they don't ask me to remove the hoses and take a peak. it LOOKS oem. i refuse to try and beat the system, maybe just confuse it a little.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.