426 Installed FWW and How to adjust a Rekluse

30 replies to this topic
  • spdnjoe

Posted February 02, 2011 - 12:30 PM

No worries. I don't care. I just wanted to leave some feedback for anyone that was on the fence about a fww.

• Mr. Neutron

Posted February 02, 2011 - 01:31 PM

I'm one that likes to have one bike that can "do it all", or at least come kinda close to being able to do that. I'm wondering if a guy uses a WR tranny with a FWW, is there really any need for a Rekluse then?

On the other hand, I wonder if using a WR tranny, the FWW, and a Rekluse would sorta reinvent the Tank? Hmmmm.... :thumbsup: :lol:

Jimmie

• 450motard

Posted February 02, 2011 - 08:08 PM

I'm one that likes to have one bike that can "do it all", or at least come kinda close to being able to do that. I'm wondering if a guy uses a WR tranny with a FWW, is there really any need for a Rekluse then?

On the other hand, I wonder if using a WR tranny, the FWW, and a Rekluse would sorta reinvent the Tank? Hmmmm.... :thumbsup: :lol:

Jimmie

I tell you, I've been riding dirt bikes for almost 20 years, most of those years doing trail riding.

I rode my bike for the first time this past weekend with the Rekluse and I don't ever want to ride it without the auto clutch again!!

The 2010 is a finicky sucker for sure - flame-outs turned me into a cussing fool for the last few months. My 2010 always died at the most inopportune time - not any longer. No more burning up my clutch doing everything I can to make this thing stay running in the slow, technical stuff. The Rekluse does it better than I ever could...

• Gunner354

Posted February 02, 2011 - 08:30 PM

I tell you, I've been riding dirt bikes for almost 20 years, most of those years doing trail riding.

I rode my bike for the first time this past weekend with the Rekluse and I don't ever want to ride it without the auto clutch again!!

The 2010 is a finicky sucker for sure - flame-outs turned me into a cussing fool for the last few months. My 2010 always died at the most inopportune time - not any longer. No more burning up my clutch doing everything I can to make this thing stay running in the slow, technical stuff. The Rekluse does it better than I ever could...

What took you so long? LOL. Been running a Rekluse since 04.

• tech24

Posted February 03, 2011 - 05:03 AM

What rekluse with what setup?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450motard

Posted February 04, 2011 - 06:31 PM

What rekluse with what setup?

2010 YZ450F - MRD Exhaust - 12t front sprocket - stock map

Z-Start Pro: started with the medium/soft setting (24 balls)

It was dying on me (acceleration stall) when I did my break-in and test ride. Any decent amount of throttle from standing still or barely moving would stall it. A quick blip of the throttle at very low speed would stall it.

I called Rekluse and they suggested turning up the idle. I turned it up one click at a time and reached a point where stalls are almost non-existent. As I said above, I rode 120+ miles at Talimena (extremely rocky, frequently very tight, lots of climbs, etc) and only stalled 4 times all weekend. Two were within 10 feet of one another on a stair-step uphill climb (had to stop for the guy in front of me and then stalled while I was barely moving and hitting the stair-steps).

I don't know the exact idle rpm yet - need to install the hour meter/tach I bought so I can check it. Don't have a tuner yet...

After turning up the idle, the bike is pulling pretty hard against the clutch when standing still - too hard. Also, it tends to 'freewheel' a lot when I let off of the throttle. The Rekluse guy said I should try the 'high/soft' setting. I think that's appropriate - it means the clutch would engage at a higher rpm, meaning it wouldn't tug so hard at a stand-still and it should give me back the much needed engine braking, right?

Regarding checking the gap: I can't even get the 'no-go' feelers between the outer edge of the plates (much less between the actual pad) as it describes in the instructions. I do have a little freeplay with the first plate, but the feelers won't go in. I assumed this was ok, considering the 'no-go' nature of the gauges.

And I cannot brake stall it. I tried locking up the rear tire at all rpms in all conditions and it never once came close to stalling.

Wow. I wrote a novel. Sorry - lots to discuss. This is my first experience with an auto clutch.

• tech24

Posted February 07, 2011 - 05:34 AM

thanks for the info. That sounds like about where im at: high/soft and have been turning the idle up little by little. As soon as some of this snow melts I'll try it out. I actually have my idle at 2200 now at 160 degrees so I'm hoping thats good enough.

• dego2440

Posted May 14, 2011 - 02:41 PM

I have a crf 250x with a rekluse pro... I just don't understand the problem... No matter what gear I'm in when I come to a complete stop the bike will idle for a quick minute then stall....

Went riding with my wife today and every time I stopped the darn thing would stall, kinda took all the fun out of the ride...

I thought it might be the jetting, took it to the shop, they kept if for a few days charged an arm and a leg, said nothing was wrong... I think the bike sounds like crap. Once warm if you blip the throttle it dies....you can hear a tick,tick, tick when it does idle. Had the valves adjusted twice, one said to tight the other said they were fine.....

My wife's bike doesn't sound like that

• grayracer513

Posted May 14, 2011 - 05:23 PM

I have a crf 250x ...

Which means that your post is in the wrong forum.

• Aicon YZ450F

Posted May 14, 2011 - 09:48 PM

Since we are on the subjects of Flywheels, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a rotor/flywheel puller for a 2011 YZ450F? Thanks ahead of time

• grayracer513

Posted May 15, 2011 - 10:12 PM

The 2011 uses the same puller that the '06 YZ450 does. Any good Honda shop will have one (it's the same for the '02-'08 CRF450)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.