EBC oversized rotor

2 replies to this topic
  • SPUTTER

Posted July 25, 2003 - 08:09 AM

I just finished my second ride with my 02 WR426 equipped with a new EBC oversized front brake rotor. I highly recommend it for those who need a little more control on steep downhill trails and twisties in general. I also own an 03 YZ250F and was impressed with the braking of that bike, one-finger anywhere and very progressive. Both bikes have the same exact front and rear rotor sizes stock - so I figured the heavier bike could use a boost - what a difference! Now the WR is one finger braking everywhere - you can hold lines easier and the bike feels lighter and more controllable on downhills. The EBC kit is a rotor and an extension bracket - you just remount your caliper on the new bracket. Both parts fit perfectly. The break-in is quick - you notice an improvement immediately and it just gets better with time. The braking is very progressive - it feels just like my 250f now braking-wise.
If you're thinking of the upgrade, I can recommend the EBC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted July 26, 2003 - 09:17 AM

What was the cost of the kit and where did you purchase it?

• SPUTTER

Posted July 26, 2003 - 09:43 AM

I bought mine from Rocky Mountain ATV - rotor kit 134.99, EBC front brake pads 22.99 + shipping
www.rockymountainatv.com
kit: RS6017G
pads: MXS18518

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.