2004 WR....tail light always on???

9 replies to this topic
  • ARin

Posted January 30, 2011 - 01:52 PM

I just swapped out my stator and rectifier with a trail tech unit, and now the tail light comes on when the ignition is on....even when the motor isnt running...

was it like that before?? For the life of me i swear i remember it only coming on when the engine was running...similar to the headlight.

• William1

Posted January 30, 2011 - 02:22 PM

Yup, it was. Any time the CDI is powered, the light is on.

• ARin

Posted January 30, 2011 - 06:39 PM

Nope. You're wrong. Just got confirmation from a friend with a stock 2004 wr...his tail is only lit when engine is on.

• SXP

Posted January 30, 2011 - 10:33 PM

Stock 07 WR450 - press the round ignition button and the tail light comes on. Engine doesn't have to be running.

• ARin

Posted January 30, 2011 - 11:14 PM

ya, the more i am reading, the more i am finding that yamaha changed it at some point...and apparently, the trail tech kits are wired up like the newer ones.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wanawakeboard

Posted January 31, 2011 - 03:01 AM

08 wr450 light stays on when button is pushed.... motor running or not...

• KGSloan

Posted January 31, 2011 - 09:25 AM

MY 2004 WR450F tail light only comes on when the bike is running

• schattat

Posted January 31, 2011 - 10:57 AM

Older model WRs (mine's a 2003) have both front and rear lights on only when the motor is running!!!
I converted my rear light to run when the ignition switch is on a few months ago :thumbsup:

Posted January 31, 2011 - 05:41 PM

Keep in mind, when you swapped to the Trailtech stator it unified both the previous ac and dc circuits together and now you have one dc circuit. It is completely different than even the new WR setup, which runs ac to the headlight and dc (always on) to the tail light. So now it doesn't matter whether your engine is on or not. Come to think of it, your headlight should also be working with the engine off unless you added a separate switch for that.

• mightymart

Posted February 05, 2011 - 06:46 AM

My tail light comes on with the ignition on without motor runninng ! 2007 Ali

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.