building a bathroom in enclosed trailer

7 replies to this topic
  • jameswill4

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hey guys I have been searching through alot of the TT conversion sections and cant find anything specific on bathroom construction. I just ordered a 7 x 16 enclosed trailer with 6ft 8 in ceiling ht. I am looking to build a small bathroom and shower in it for the wife and my boys for race weekends. We will be using a airmattress for sleeping for now. Are there any detailed threads on the construction of a bathrrom, or a materials list or any ideas. I was planning on just 1 black water tank to let the shower drain into it as well. Any suggestions??? What about the bare plywood fllor, what do you guys reccommend paint or ??????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Capt D

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

I am thinking about building my own Toyhauler starting from an enclosed cargo trailer. Best site that I have found so far is: www.mikenchell.com/forums/. Go down and find the thread titled "cargo trailer conversions". Capt D.

• lumpy790

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:21 AM

Another site I could spends days looking threw.

I have a small space in my box van that I am thinking about putting a bathroom in. For now just going to put in a portable toilet but might upgrade to a shower later. I looked into the shower walls from Home Depot / Lower but it would run $1000

• Home Skillet

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

With some small wood working skills, it is easy to do.
I built a full bathroom in a box van I had.

For a small space, I would use a combo bath and shower set up. They use these in horse trailers.
Posted Image

• dcg141

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

I built one in my last enclosed trailer and although its not rocket science it takes some planning. You have to install tanks, a 12 volt pump, a water heater and the enclosure. I used a 10 gallon 110 volt heater and powered it with a portable generator. Its cheap and easy and the heater cycles very quickly. I got a complete shower from Lowes as an enclosure. On demand 12 volt pumps are easy to get and install. I also installed a city water hookup for the times water was available at campsights. I did not install grey water catch tanks.
When I built my box van I decided against a shower. I did not want the extra work or the room taken up and dealing with a water system was not that much fun. Franky I don't miss it.

• lumpy790

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

For water heaters .... have you checked out the tankless shower head water heaters? My wife has been planning a camping shower and they make some pretty sweet set ups now in both 120 & gas. Check out www.gotankless.com

My box van already has a water tank & 12 v pump....just no bathroom but I am re arranging to make a larger sleeping area and have a small space for one in front of these cabinets.

Posted Image

• Woodsracer05

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

Nice looking cabinets, where did you find those? It looks like they have the push-button type quick release latches, are they aluminum moduline type units?

For water heaters .... have you checked out the tankless shower head water heaters? My wife has been planning a camping shower and they make some pretty sweet set ups now in both 120 & gas. Check out www.gotankless.com

My box van already has a water tank & 12 v pump....just no bathroom but I am re arranging to make a larger sleeping area and have a small space for one in front of these cabinets.

Posted Image

• lumpy790

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

Thanks .... the cabinets are aluminum and came with the box van when I bought it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.