Hey Machster what's up with these batteries?

7 replies to this topic
  • drzphatkid

Posted July 24, 2003 - 05:14 PM

I thought you had said somthing about the battery not charging on the 450's.Mine say's full charge but i know it is'nt.Any tips would be helpful :) :D :D

• IceBox

Posted July 25, 2003 - 03:46 AM

I talked with Baja Designs the other day about their dual sport parts and when asking about the stock regulator/rectifier the service person mentioned that others have reported that their batteries weren't lasting or holding a charge and he said that it turned out to be the regulator/rectifier. He said that they can fail any time. I do not remember if it was the regulator or rectifier side that was the culprit but worth a check non the less. Good luck

• WR250fla

Posted July 25, 2003 - 08:13 AM

My bike started clicking sometimes and not turning the starter over then it got to the point it only clicked and would never turn the starter over. I thought for sure it was the battery or selinoid(spelling)or maybe a bad connection. After I bought a new battery, it turned out to be the starter. I put a new starter on and its been fine.

• Randy

Posted July 27, 2003 - 03:34 AM

Hey WR50fla, where in Fl. are you at ? Do you race FTR ? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dikatry

Posted July 27, 2003 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, my wr450 just does the click thing too. I just got it like two weeks ago.

• WR250fla

Posted July 28, 2003 - 01:50 AM

Yes Randy, I race FTR and I joined SADRA last year so I guess I'll see ya a week from this Tuesday.
Jeff

• timvv51

Posted July 28, 2003 - 04:24 PM

My starter on my bike is a piece of crap and fixin to get ditched. But I love everything else about the bike. Tim

• drzphatkid

Posted July 28, 2003 - 04:42 PM

I talked with Baja Designs the other day about their dual sport parts and when asking about the stock regulator/rectifier the service person mentioned that others have reported that their batteries weren't lasting or holding a charge and he said that it turned out to be the regulator/rectifier. He said that they can fail any time. I do not remember if it was the regulator or rectifier side that was the culprit but worth a check non the less. Good luck

I bought a new battery charger/tender and it fixxed my battery problem.The battery took a good charge ! thanx for the advise. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.