Jetting question

2 replies to this topic
  • enkd1004

Posted January 26, 2011 - 08:57 PM

I just bought a 2002 WR426F and it seems that its been jetted to high altitude or so says the previous owner. My question is, is rejetting the carb easy to do? I just ordered a JD Jet kit and I have no experience in this stuff. Am I crazy for wanting to try? Any thought suggestions or comments welcome.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DeeCee

Posted January 26, 2011 - 09:08 PM

I have a YZ400F which is similar to the YZ46 and have fitted a JD kit. The JD kit instructions are quite clear to follow and the parts included in the kit cover a wide range of situations. Just follow the instructions for the area where you ride. Fine tuning by needle adjustment may be required but my experience is the JD recommended settings are close to the mark.

Good luck

• enkd1004

Posted January 26, 2011 - 09:19 PM

Thanks, I've heard nothing but good things about the JD Jet kits

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.