CR Brakeline

7 replies to this topic
  • Wicked_Crash

Posted July 24, 2003 - 12:02 PM

Has anyone done the CR style brakeline routing on a WR and kept the headlight? :)

• BrandonW

Posted July 24, 2003 - 12:05 PM

I did it, routed the cable behind the numberplate. Did not work too well.

#1. My brakes were still squishy;
#2. The new cable was "kinked" a little from the routing, and it started leaking, so I went back to stock.

Waste of my money, but I think others have had much better luck that I.

• The_Blue_One

Posted July 24, 2003 - 12:56 PM

What kind of line did you use?I was going to get the rideengineering line that is made for the wr.Was this the one you used?

• RCannon

Posted July 24, 2003 - 01:12 PM

The ride engineering line is decent. The line has fittings that move around to eliminate the kinks. I have been using one for several months and have had no problems.

Did it help the mushy brakes? Maybe a little. I had much better luck :) changing the stock akebono mastercylinder for a Honda CR model. If the line improved performance 10%, I would be surprised.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrandonW

Posted July 24, 2003 - 01:22 PM

I believe that the line I had was manufactured by Fastline, or something very similar to that. FastSOMETHING....

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 24, 2003 - 01:52 PM

I had much better luck changing the stock akebono mastercylinder for a Honda CR model.

How much $$$$$$ for the Nissan master cylinder...???

I really do miss my Honda's brakes! :)

• RCannon

Posted July 25, 2003 - 03:15 AM

I bought mine from someone on ebay. I only paid 30.00 or so.

Still, considering the short line was 60.00, the cylinder was a bargain. I had previously rebuilt the Akebono, so I know it was working as well as it could have.

• ogrebelle

Posted July 25, 2003 - 05:45 AM

Akebono :) :D :D Isn't he a sumo wrestler?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.