YZ450F build

38 replies to this topic
  • brentn

Posted February 12, 2011 - 10:44 PM

You trying to make a mockery of the YZ????

You painted it with the engine in the frame, you just painted everything :facepalm:

• howard113

Posted February 12, 2011 - 11:09 PM

why would anyone do this to such a beautiful bike!?so many people would do crazy things to own a bike like that,mann.i think its ruined big timee!:smirk:

• dvn

Posted February 13, 2011 - 04:42 AM

Whatever it's going to be, it's gonna be hideous with a paint job like that!:smirk:

• bevo

Posted February 13, 2011 - 05:57 AM

Oh no, you didn't....

• crf450319

Posted February 13, 2011 - 07:26 AM

You know what, I say run with it. Some people (a lot actually) will post that you're ruining a great bike, but I'm curious to see how your project is going to turn out & I'm hoping that you'll continue to post pictures.

Would I do the same thing ? Probably not. Is the OP spending my money on this project, nope.. Is the YZ such a tremendous bike that no one should ever mess with it ? Not in my opinion, the world would be a boring place if none of us tried something new/different.

It's not like he took a brand new bike off of the showroom floor and started cutting it up, I'm guessing he's going to piece it together as he goes along.

lumpy790, keep us posted... I want to see where you're going with this.

:smirk:

• lumpy790

Posted February 13, 2011 - 09:22 AM

Almost done......need to paint the carb and clear coat everything today.

The Moto Hose product line have has been picked up by distributor Western Power Sports or WPS. This is the Moto Hose product display for the Motorcycle Industry Dealer Convention WPS booth at Indianapolis next weekend. It is a industry only trade show for all of the USA that shows all of the new products to dealers like your local dealer.

If your coming to the convention stop in and say HI to Lumpy!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• moto2000

Posted February 13, 2011 - 01:02 PM

I thought he was going to mount a mailbox on top....

• dvn

Posted February 13, 2011 - 02:03 PM

I thought he was going to mount a mailbox on top....

Actually, that seems like a real good guess! Obviously he has no intention of welding anything back together if he's already painted AND clear-coated it. He also apparently isn't concerned with the radiators actually doing any cooling. Nice mailbox though.:smirk:

• lumpy790

Posted February 13, 2011 - 03:35 PM

Actually the heat paint is rated to increase heat dissipation so it should cool better. I only clear coated the outside of the radiator....not the fins.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brentn

Posted February 13, 2011 - 04:57 PM

I doubted you and all I can say is that I was wrong!
Nice display man, perfect for a demo day!!! The black brings out the color in the lines for sure, nice work!!!
You should cap off the cuts with some kind of rubber cap or something, would make it a bit more professional..

• lumpy790

Posted February 13, 2011 - 05:11 PM

I doubted you and all I can say is that I was wrong!
Nice display man, perfect for a demo day!!! The black brings out the color in the lines for sure, nice work!!!
You should cap off the cuts with some kind of rubber cap or something, would make it a bit more professional..

Thank you that is what I was trying to do. I have thought about capping them off but have not thought of a way to do it besides having a welder zap them.....it will work for now.

If I can find a blown up motor (cases, head, covers) I will make a permanent display out of it.

• KJK_JR

Posted February 13, 2011 - 06:29 PM

If I can find a blown up motor (cases, head, covers) I will make a permanent display out of it.

Good luck I've been looking for a head and cases for a while now. Everyone that shows up on ebay sells for almost the same as it would cost to buy them brand new.

• howard113

Posted February 13, 2011 - 06:32 PM

so im confused as to what this is actually?someone tell me!lol.if i were you,after the display i would get everything taken apart,sand blasted,and rebuild it with a new frame?

• bevo

Posted February 13, 2011 - 07:46 PM

That looks good now, sorry had no clue what you were up to.

If the motor is still good turn it into a scooter after.

• lumpy790

Posted February 13, 2011 - 08:46 PM

I bought a 2nd frame to make the display with.

Posted Image

I bought the 08 YZ450F as a basket case with an exploded clutch basket......just put the motor together with a new crank, cylinder & top end.

Posted Image

After the show, if all of the parts are here..... I will be putting the motor & radiators back in the original rolling frame and heading for the Atlanta SX then Headed to Florida for a week of riding before hitting the Daytona SX and the GNCC.

Posted Image

• howard113

Posted February 13, 2011 - 10:33 PM

I bought a 2nd frame to make the display with.

Posted Image

I bought the 08 YZ450F as a basket case with an exploded clutch basket......just put the motor together with a new crank, cylinder & top end.

Posted Image

After the show, if all of the parts are here..... I will be putting the motor & radiators back in the original rolling frame and heading for the Atlanta SX then Headed to Florida for a week of riding before hitting the Daytona SX and the GNCC.

Posted Image

ohh alright man makes sense noww!i gotchaaa!what are you going to do about all the black on that motor thoughh?wait are you even using that motor???thats the only thing im confused on noww

• lumpy790

Posted February 14, 2011 - 06:24 AM

ohh alright man makes sense noww!i gotchaaa!what are you going to do about all the black on that motor thoughh?wait are you even using that motor???thats the only thing im confused on noww

I am going to unbolt it from the display frame and bolt it into the roller. I plan on stripping the roller down and painting it too so it looks like my other YZ.

Posted Image

• howard113

Posted February 14, 2011 - 12:16 PM

alright man makes sense noww.i thought you were just ruining a bike once i saw all that black paint.but i understand now :smirk:

• lumpy790

Posted February 18, 2011 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.