2000 yz426f stuck in 1st

2 replies to this topic
  • divebobber

Posted January 25, 2011 - 10:29 PM

Hi all. Searched for this problem and didn't find much, so am asking here. I was riding today, everything working fine, got to the top of a long hill, shifted into neutral to wait for some guys, wouldn't shift into gear, stuck in neutral. Fiddled around with the shift lever and it went into first. Now it won't come out of first. I rode the rest of the day in first gear and could not get it to go into any other gear, including neutral. The lever moves up and down, though not as far as it did when it shifted properly. Any ideas?

Thanks much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 26, 2011 - 01:04 PM

Something fouling the linkage internally. Open up the right side, remove the clutch and inspect it.

• divebobber

Posted January 27, 2011 - 11:05 PM

Took the clutch out...nothing wrong to be seen. Drained the oil through a mesh...no metal to be seen. Next step would be to take the right cover off. I know where that one would lead for me. A motorcycle in parts for 6 months. Took it to the mechanic. Getting lazy in my old age. Thanks Gray.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.