Headlight switch for 2009 Yamaha WR450F

5 replies to this topic
  • yngsniper

Posted January 25, 2011 - 08:35 PM

I'm trying to get some feed back on how to install some sort of on off switch for the headlight on my 2009 Yamaha WR450F. Is there some sort of bolt on kit for it? I'm not trying to make it street legal just want the headlight off if I don't need it.

• BAHeron

Posted January 26, 2011 - 07:07 AM

The easiest way is to install a switch on the ground wire leading to the headlight. www.Siccassracing.com has good multi switch for the dual sport kit. It's less then $20 i think.

• BigBanger

Posted January 26, 2011 - 01:59 PM

A relatively simple way to do it would be to fit the right hand switchgear from an R6 or Diversion. You would have the kill switch/start button and lights on/off all on the one unit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dustdogg

Posted January 26, 2011 - 05:12 PM

How about a factory Yamaha switch from an older WR? My '02 came with one that is mounted on the handlebars. With that said I never even use mine, I leave the light on all the time because I like to be seen by other riders especially in dusty conditions.

• comtnrider

Posted January 26, 2011 - 06:51 PM

I mounted a toggle switch behind the headlight assy. Enlarged a hole in the brackets that supports the odometer and power switch. Spliced into the ground to the headlight. Just reach behind the light assy to turn on and off.

• Dube2

Posted January 28, 2011 - 08:59 AM

How about a factory Yamaha switch from an older WR? My '02 came with one that is mounted on the handlebars. With that said I never even use mine, I leave the light on all the time because I like to be seen by other riders especially in dusty conditions.

Yep, the lamps last a long time. don't worrie so much about overuse. being seen by others is a plus. i even installed WR head lights on both my kids TTR50's for the same reason.:lol::thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.