rear shock absorber disassembly

2 replies to this topic
  • ggodfreyX

Posted January 25, 2011 - 02:20 PM

Hey guys, I purchased a new rear spring and just got around to switching out the stock one. I have the Honda Service Manual but it is not clear about removing the spring. I have the upper mount in a vise with some wood and I've loosened the lock nut and adjusting nut. The spring is loose but I am not sure how to take apart the rubber seat, stopper ring, and and spring seat without damaging anything. I have an 05 450X. Thanks!

• Dust_Devil

Posted January 25, 2011 - 02:47 PM

rubber mallet or other soft faced mallet, pound the collar down and remove clip, collar and spring.

• ggodfreyX

Posted January 26, 2011 - 07:58 AM

I tapped it out as you described. I thought that had to happen but was reluctant to hammer on the suspension. I'm not sure why the service manual did not address this step but I'm all set. Thanks!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

cracked case by kick start by 2450xs

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF450X
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

First time racer! by OwenDennis

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2007 450x front and rear suspension questions by dale450x2007

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Dual sport project by joe reed

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Dual-Sport/Adventure
  • 18 replies
Forums
Photo

Wheel spacers by billybaru13

• Hot  95 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.