extra bar clamps,longer bolts?

3 replies to this topic
  • bart9505

Posted April 11, 2001 - 03:16 PM

I've seen posts about raising the bars by turning the upper bar clamps over, getting a second set and some longer bolts. I like the idea, but where do I get longer bolts and just the upper clamp set?

------------------
'01 426 with yz stop and baffle removed. No other mods yet.

• bart9505

Posted April 16, 2001 - 07:57 AM

Anyone???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted April 16, 2001 - 08:43 AM

I got mine at a local hardware store that has an extensive selection of metric fasteners. If my recollection is correct, I bought 50 mm, flanged, shouldered bolts. If you get them too long, you'll have to cut them down to size. The only thing I don't like about them is that they take a 13 mm wrench. I salvaged the upper clamps from a triple clamp I took off an XR250. A cycle salvage yard should have something like that.

[This message has been edited by Rich in Orlando (edited 04-16-2001).]

• Derek_Burns

Posted April 16, 2001 - 02:09 PM

I was thinking about this today.... as I need to lower my front end to match the amount I lowered the rear (just to reach the floor)..... did a motocross meet today and the bike handled badly through loose dirt... I was having a pig of a time. I put it down to the difference it's made to the rake angle.
A guy at the meet had pro taper bars fitted to the standard yoke, there was a spacer which had a cemi circle machined into it so as it mated perfectly with the standard yoke clamp, and the larger dia for the pro tapers was machined into the spacer further up. I was wonering if spacers like this were available for standard bar dia.... would allow me to drop the forks just that bit more to suit the rear...... Anybody??

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.