Picking up my 2011 today !!!!

11 replies to this topic
  • ChillyKTM

Posted January 24, 2011 - 04:41 AM

Getting my 2011 today (450 ) im so excited im guna puke !!! So cold i wont be riding it for months but at least i can stare at it everyday !! My wife is jealous:banana:

• HRC

Posted January 24, 2011 - 05:23 AM

Congrats ! :thumbsup:

I´m sure you will be happy with your new bike !

My "best bike I ever had" used to be the 2008 CRF 450, this Yamaha is looking like it´s taking over that spot ! :ride:

I´m so happy I bought this bike and not the other brand I was thinking of getting ! :lol:

• delmas

Posted January 24, 2011 - 08:13 AM

Congrats ! :thumbsup:

I´m sure you will be happy with your new bike !

My "best bike I ever had" used to be the 2008 CRF 450, this Yamaha is looking like it´s taking over that spot ! :ride:

I´m so happy I bought this bike and not the other brand I was thinking of getting ! :lol:

I agree

• rdefonce

Posted January 24, 2011 - 09:24 AM

For sure, congrats on your new YZ!
I also just picked one up; a new leftover '10 LE. Now if the snow would just melt . . .

• ChillyKTM

Posted January 24, 2011 - 02:39 PM

anything i need to do before i ride it ??

• DC_Excitement

Posted January 24, 2011 - 02:40 PM

i hear ya, i bought a 10 just before it started snowing, got to ride it twice. i love the way the bike turns and jumps. i just stare at it now but i have ski-doo to hold me over till the spring.

are you too far away to ride mototown? i drive by the place every day for work. track looks mint. they just dont really have heat in there:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DC_Excitement

Posted January 24, 2011 - 02:47 PM

anything i need to do before i ride it ??

it would be a good idea to grease the rear suspension needle bearings. and the steering stem bearings

• brentn

Posted January 24, 2011 - 02:52 PM

Break it in hard, don't follow the manual. Run it real hard for the first 20 minutes, just let it warm up and that's it. Lots of acceleration through the gears under load, and lots of engine braking, should lead to an excellent ring seal.

• ChillyKTM

Posted January 24, 2011 - 03:44 PM

heard its a bitch to start at first ??

• brentn

Posted January 24, 2011 - 03:59 PM

I did alot of reading before buying my 10, so I never had any problems starting it off the bat, I just did what everyone else was doing when they were having issues which were resolved.

Cold starts aren't that bad at all, but warm starts can really be a pain. For my bike when it was new I had to kick and twist the throttle 1/4 every time to get it going warm. If I didn't it would not start, no matter what it seemed.
Now after 26 hours or so, it's much easier, and I can start it with the good ol 1/4 twist when hot, or pull the cold start when it's hot and it starts then too.
Wierd bike to get going when hot for sure, I don't care what anyone says but the only trick that works 100% of the time is the 1/4 twist of throttle while kicking...

• DC_Excitement

Posted January 24, 2011 - 04:00 PM

it is if your short like me, 5'6''. ive noticed if you can give it a good swift kick it fires up ok

• HRC

Posted January 24, 2011 - 11:44 PM

I don't care what anyone says but the only trick that works 100% of the time is the 1/4 twist of throttle while kicking...

Works for me too !:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.