Coolant leak...

3 replies to this topic
  • tpastrana

Posted January 22, 2011 - 11:29 PM

Well Ive got my bike finally put back together and she runs sweet, but there is a leak at the top front part of the cylinder head, that 90 degree bend pipe that connects and goes to the left radiator. The head was totally bare when I bought it so I had to use the pipe from my old head. There is a little rubber gasket that is on it, problem might be is that the 05 might have used a little bigger gasket to seal the gap but im not sure anyone have any input on what to do if the gasket doesn't stop the leak? As I am planning to go riding down at the knolls in the utah desert on tuesday, i have all monday to fix it.

Thanks for your help. B):smirk:

• William1

Posted January 23, 2011 - 02:49 AM

Replace the oring, make sure the pipe is not damaged too.

I hate that little pipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tpastrana

Posted January 23, 2011 - 12:10 PM

Just realized I posted in the WR forum

• William1

Posted January 23, 2011 - 12:53 PM

Same difference. Want the thread moved to the YS forum, ask.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.