99' WR 400- first time owner

2 replies to this topic
  • davido1

Posted January 22, 2011 - 06:01 PM

Hi guys,

New to the site.
I just bought my first ever bike and would like any tips you guys could give me. As title suggests, I bought a 99' WR 400 that has done 6000km. What should a look to get done before I take it to the local pine forrest? (after getting it registered)
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tom00013

Posted January 23, 2011 - 03:58 AM

Read the FAQs and noobie guide. It will tell you everything the new owner will need to know and keep you busy for a while.

• MANIAC998

Posted January 23, 2011 - 06:33 AM

Dave, Like already mentioned, read the FAQ's & Noobie guide. That'll point you in the right direction. One of the first things I would check would be the valve clearance. This has to be done with the engine cold, and I highly recommend you do this before your first ride! You don't want troubles with your brand-new-to-you bike!!! Maniac

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.