WR450F

3 replies to this topic
  • SCJR

Posted July 23, 2003 - 06:10 PM

I own a 03 WR450F. Got rid of all stock governors and upgraded to a GYT-R titanium header and exhaust. The bike is pretty darn fast. However, being addicted to speed and power, I'm considering the YZF timing. Will it make a BIG difference overall? What can I expect to gain/loose? Would very much appreciate your opinions, Thanks to all! :)

• Randy

Posted July 27, 2003 - 03:39 AM

I am looking to do the same thing, will the YZ 450 cams work for the WR, and what will it do for the performance ? Anybody want to answer this one ? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted July 27, 2003 - 08:52 AM

you will loose bottem end if you yz time it.

you wil need to buy the YZ exaust cam and retard the stock wr cam one tooth.

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 27, 2003 - 02:29 PM

You can not retard the WR450 cam like the 426 and 400 due to the auto decompression feature. New cam is about $160. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.