04 WR450 Rear Brake Rotor

2 replies to this topic
  • 74dirtdown

Posted January 21, 2011 - 02:45 PM

I am need a new rear brake rotor and have a few questions. I have looked all all the ones out there and the price can be $50 to $200. Now I don't think I neccessarily need a super rotor, I don't want to purchased one and have to replace it 3 months from now.

I see ones on Ebay that have a cool looking design but are not a brand I see anywhere else but ebay which doesn't give me a good feeling.

Is there a material that is better then others?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted January 23, 2011 - 06:47 AM

What caused your last one to fail? Did you bend it, or wear it out? If you wore it out, you might want to look into a solid rear rotor. On the other hand, if you bent it, then you can go with any number of options. Just make sure to purchase a disc guard, so you don't bend the new one. Maniac

• 74dirtdown

Posted January 23, 2011 - 01:31 PM

It was just a little bent, but if you had the wheel up and you spun it while you were looking at the pads you'd see when it got to the bent part and the tire wouldn't spin as easy through that part.

I went with an Outlaw rotor so hopefully that will be good. I guess anything is better then a bent one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.