R&D Carb Products

7 replies to this topic
  • 3rdgearpnd

Posted March 27, 2001 - 04:58 PM

Has anyone purchased R&Ds accelerator pump kit.If so does it work? My 00 426 is alittle slugish of the bottom end, I've adjusted the air screw and moved the needle clip up one. It also still poops alittle when decelerating. Thanks in advance for any info also, allways looking for someone to ride with I ride mostly tracks in the socal area thanks again.

• Boit

Posted March 27, 2001 - 09:41 PM

I have the R&D on my '00 426 and it has lived up to it's hype....at least for me. It wasn't just one of those "install and go" gadgets. It took some time to sort out the jetting correctly. The White Brother's Titanium head pipe mated to the carbon fiber silencer gave me the huge bottom end boost that I was after. Since I almost never hit the rev limiter, the sacrifice of top-end was not a big loss for me. What I was aiming for was precise throttle response along with a boost at bottom and into the mid to mid-top range. I now have that and am in Heaven.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 03-27-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 28, 2001 - 08:28 AM

I RIDE A 98 400F WITH A WHITE BROTHERS STAINLESS HIGHBOY HEADPIPE AND PRO-MEG ALUMINUM SILENCER. I HAVE INSTALLED THE R&D P-38 ACC. PUMP KIT AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT, AND IT WORKS WONDERFULLY. IT IS MONEY WELL SPENT!! THE BIKE DOES NOT HESITATE OR SPIT AND SPUT DOWN LOW LIKE IT DID BEFOR THE INSTALL.

• vznx1w

Posted March 28, 2001 - 09:10 AM

I installed the accelerator pump limit screw-as described by "BK" on another post. This works great and eliminates the need to spend money on the R&D pump. The best part is that the screw lets you dial the pump in to your bike's jetting setup. While the R&D pump does also limit accel pump volume, it allows no easy way to tune or adjust the pump.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • emcdan

Posted March 28, 2001 - 11:49 AM

Can anyone say that the R&D diaphram has helped with sparkplug fouling?

• Tim

Posted March 28, 2001 - 12:28 PM

3rd,
Have you bumped up your main jet? Doing this along with going up a size (or two)on the pilot jet helped mine.

• Boit

Posted March 28, 2001 - 03:07 PM

I guess I was lucky to get a good one. Plug fouling has never been an issue for me. I was strictly looking to get rid of that little hesitation when the throttle is wicked open quickly.

• 3rdgearpnd

Posted March 28, 2001 - 04:43 PM

Thanks to everyone for the info,I also have the WB head pipe& E series silincer so it sounds like the B K or the R&D is the way to go. Thanks again

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.