305 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 05:36 AM

sorry for my confusion lets see what the oil results have to say

• powers450f

TT Bronze Member

150 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 06:49 PM

Brent,
Was wondering if you had sent out your oil yet?? If not I was wondering how much it costs? Thinking of sending in a sample too.
Thanks

• brentn

TT Addict

4,015 posts

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:08 PM

Not sure on the price, but you pay when you want to see the results. Can't be more than 40$ I would think, either way I'm gonna pay.

I haven't sent it out yet, I went riding for about 3-4 hours on Sunday with my brother in the badlands. Really tight stuff, engine was running at a constant 80-90 degree's celcius and I tried to make the runs about 20 minutes or longer at these temps. I fell a few times, we took a couple little 3 minute breaks, not to sure if that's going to obscure the results as the engine was still very hot before every start.
Anyways, going to go out again this weekend, I'll remember to bring the bottle as the bike is due for a change of oil now. I'll take it for a 20 minute boot and when I come back to the staging area I'll drain, and catch half of the drain in the bottle and send it out asap.
Be patient guys this is happening, work, money and life gets in the way sometimes to slow things down, but I will send this out within the next week or two at the most.

• alh583

TT Newbie

13 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 06:01 PM

I just made an account to see if anyone ever figured out why this occurs. I have a 2012 yz450f with around 35hrs on it and just noticed this today and found this forum on a google search. It also seemed like I got a lot more oil out of the bike than normal when I drained it. I live in WV and it hasn't gotten that cold here yet and the oil I drained probably had 8hrs on it approximately. I also run Rotella oil. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Motoman210

TT Newbie

3 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 08:32 PM

If your ending up with fuel washing out your engine oil in summer operating temps it has to either be on startup attempts when it's not being burnt or injector leakdown after shutoff. If there was that much fuel during engine running that it ends up in oil, the bike should run terrible or at least smoke. Had an 06 yz450f carbureted jetted very fat, even a hint of black smoke, oil never smelt of gas or washed out. Just bought a 2014 and the oil is washed out after less than an hour and smells more like gas than oil noticed it immediately on two back to back 1hr interval oil changes. I'm diving into the throttle body/injector it's the only logical answer for my conditions. You cold weather snow bike guys can completely understand why your having these problem. Air fuel mixture is just too damn cold.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.