2011 YZ450f with Yosh Slip, PIM2, DT-1 and Airbox Mod Help

Just wondering if by some chance there is others on TT that are running my same setup? I'm looking for a Yoshimura MAP for the following

2010-11 with Yosh Slip-on, DT-1 airfilter, holes drilled in top shroud

I have the Yosh map loaded up for the slip on but Yosh states it for the slipon with Spark arrestor...they don't list a map without spark-arrester.

I'm thinking that adding the Yosh slip WITHOUT the spark arrestor and adding the DT-1 airfilter and doing the airbox hole mods (i actually heat form louvers) that my air intake and exhaust is radically different from stock.

Unfortunately, my skills with mapping software is not even close to attempt to add more fuel to compensate so i'm stuck. :busted:

The bike sounds unbelievable on the stand and I won't be able to ride for another three days so i'm hoping to remap it or find a map or not worry about it? B)

Thanks for the help ahead of time guys ?

Doug

I can't help you on the map, nor do I have much experience with it. I would assume you are correct in that you would need a little more fuel especially in the top end. If you do decide to make changes yourself, make them gradually.

I know my 250 two stroke needed a much much larger main jet after some porting and running pro circuit pipes.

• 2 weeks later...
just wondering if by some chance there is others on tt that are running my same setup? I'm looking for a yoshimura map for the following

2010-11 with yosh slip-on, dt-1 airfilter, holes drilled in top shroud

i have the yosh map loaded up for the slip on but yosh states it for the slipon with spark arrestor...they don't list a map without spark-arrester.

I'm thinking that adding the yosh slip without the spark arrestor and adding the dt-1 airfilter and doing the airbox hole mods (i actually heat form louvers) that my air intake and exhaust is radically different from stock.

Unfortunately, my skills with mapping software is not even close to attempt to add more fuel to compensate so i'm stuck. :ride:

The bike sounds unbelievable on the stand and i won't be able to ride for another three days so i'm hoping to remap it or find a map or not worry about it??

Thanks for the help ahead of time guys ?

Doug

fi

+3 +3 0

+3 +5 +1

+3 +5 +2

ig

0 0 0

0 -5 0

-3 -4 0

if any thing it will need to be leaned up in the top even with the air box and filter mods its set up very rich from the factory.im seriouspurchase a complete bazzaz kit from tuf racing set a target air fuel ratio and ride the bike and load the recordeded map its the software is eazy and when tou get more experienced you can set diferent target af in ranges for tailoring the curve staying with in proper afs will keep you from destroying your engine.

Ron, I didn't quite understand your reply but i'm interested to know more about the bazzas kit from TUF racing?

cablemonkey, thanks man. I've hooked it up to my laptop and seen all the parameters but i'm hesistant to make any changes because all though they may feel good on the track, to Ron Hamp's point above, I wouldn't know what the true AFR is and wouldn't want to damage my motor. Did Yoshimura get back to you??? I just emailed them yesterday and asked for some MAPS based on my settings. I'll surely share with you if/when i get them.

DOug