2011 YZ450f with Yosh Slip, PIM2, DT-1 and Airbox Mod Help

11 replies to this topic
  • Mighty_Whitey

Posted January 19, 2011 - 06:44 PM

Just wondering if by some chance there is others on TT that are running my same setup? I'm looking for a Yoshimura MAP for the following

2010-11 with Yosh Slip-on, DT-1 airfilter, holes drilled in top shroud

I have the Yosh map loaded up for the slip on but Yosh states it for the slipon with Spark arrestor...they don't list a map without spark-arrester.

I'm thinking that adding the Yosh slip WITHOUT the spark arrestor and adding the DT-1 airfilter and doing the airbox hole mods (i actually heat form louvers) that my air intake and exhaust is radically different from stock.

Unfortunately, my skills with mapping software is not even close to attempt to add more fuel to compensate so i'm stuck. :busted:

The bike sounds unbelievable on the stand and I won't be able to ride for another three days so i'm hoping to remap it or find a map or not worry about it? B)

Thanks for the help ahead of time guys :smirk:

Doug

• SEOINAGE

Posted January 20, 2011 - 10:45 AM

I can't help you on the map, nor do I have much experience with it. I would assume you are correct in that you would need a little more fuel especially in the top end. If you do decide to make changes yourself, make them gradually.

I know my 250 two stroke needed a much much larger main jet after some porting and running pro circuit pipes.

• RJacks

Posted January 31, 2011 - 04:44 PM

It's sounds like with all those mods, you might want to invest in Yoshi's Data Box.

• delmas

Posted January 31, 2011 - 05:43 PM

just wondering if by some chance there is others on tt that are running my same setup? I'm looking for a yoshimura map for the following

2010-11 with yosh slip-on, dt-1 airfilter, holes drilled in top shroud

i have the yosh map loaded up for the slip on but yosh states it for the slipon with spark arrestor...they don't list a map without spark-arrester.

I'm thinking that adding the yosh slip without the spark arrestor and adding the dt-1 airfilter and doing the airbox hole mods (i actually heat form louvers) that my air intake and exhaust is radically different from stock.

Unfortunately, my skills with mapping software is not even close to attempt to add more fuel to compensate so i'm stuck. :ride:

The bike sounds unbelievable on the stand and i won't be able to ride for another three days so i'm hoping to remap it or find a map or not worry about it? :lol:

Thanks for the help ahead of time guys :thumbsup:

Doug

fi
+3 +3 0
+3 +5 +1
+3 +5 +2

ig

0 0 0
0 -5 0
-3 -4 0

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted February 01, 2011 - 08:08 PM

delmas,

are those settings for the Yamaha tuner?

• delmas

Posted February 02, 2011 - 07:36 AM

delmas,

are those settings for the Yamaha tuner?

All I did was make a small adjustment from the Yamha map for long smoth power. It works great

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • delmas

Posted February 02, 2011 - 08:15 AM

All I did was make a small adjustment from the Yamha map for long smoth power. It works great

I forgot you needed it for the Yoshi

• Ron Hamp

Posted February 02, 2011 - 03:08 PM

if any thing it will need to be leaned up in the top even with the air box and filter mods its set up very rich from the factory.im seriouspurchase a complete bazzaz kit from tuf racing set a target air fuel ratio and ride the bike and load the recordeded map its the software is eazy and when tou get more experienced you can set diferent target af in ranges for tailoring the curve staying with in proper afs will keep you from destroying your engine.

• cablemonkey334

Posted February 02, 2011 - 07:59 PM

I have a 2010 450 w / the yosh ti,ti system an a pim2 with the data box mappin is pretty easy once you plug it in an run the bike , yosh is going to send me some of the maps the came up with in testing.

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted February 03, 2011 - 11:10 AM

Ron, I didn't quite understand your reply but i'm interested to know more about the bazzas kit from TUF racing?

cablemonkey, thanks man. I've hooked it up to my laptop and seen all the parameters but i'm hesistant to make any changes because all though they may feel good on the track, to Ron Hamp's point above, I wouldn't know what the true AFR is and wouldn't want to damage my motor. Did Yoshimura get back to you??? I just emailed them yesterday and asked for some MAPS based on my settings. I'll surely share with you if/when i get them.

DOug

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted February 03, 2011 - 11:23 AM

Ron,

I've chatted with Dave Antolak back in the day when I had an Amsoil sponsorship and still had him in my contacts so I called him up. Great guy, we chatted for a while and he gave me the scoop on the bazzaz system. Sounds GREAT! Similar to Yosh's Data Box system. :thumbsup:

Doug

• cablemonkey334

Posted February 03, 2011 - 07:06 PM

no reply yet an im not going to try on friday with A2 comin up they wont answer the phone or email. , but you can map your motor an let the computer recommend you setting , an it will not hurt the bike .

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.