Tusk or Baja Designs under fender tail light?

8 replies to this topic
  • Singletrak

Posted January 19, 2011 - 04:30 PM

I am thinking of changing up the rear fender/tail light on my 05 WR450f dual sport. I am thinking of using the Acerbis MX fender made for the WR and the Tusk or Baja Designs under fender tail light. Anyone got input on either lights and how it works overall with the MX style fender? Pictures of your setup?

Thanks,

Singletrak

• Dube2

Posted January 19, 2011 - 05:39 PM

plated my 05 WR and Baja Designs gave me the rear fender(YZ Acerbis) i believe and thier own under fender kit. very well made and never had one problem with it. took a few falls and was still in one piece.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 19, 2011 - 07:43 PM

Here is what I did :smirk:

http://www.thumperta...923&postcount=8

• 2in2out

Posted January 19, 2011 - 10:03 PM

I have the tusk. Simple to install, and the LED's are brite. Had a BD, similar size, lights not as brite.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OUTERLIMITS

Posted January 20, 2011 - 01:58 PM

There is a big difference between the Baja D and the Tusk.....about $35. Go with the Tusk they are identical.

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 20, 2011 - 06:28 PM

I'm with coop, the UFO unit is the way to go

Posted Image

Posted Image

I paired it up with a Sicass plate backer and it has stood the test of time for me :smirk:

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted January 21, 2011 - 12:30 PM

For aesthetics only, I like the look of the UFO unit as well. If you are looking to be seen, the BD and Tusk are way brighter. 19 leds as opposed to about 8 for the UFO.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 21, 2011 - 01:00 PM

For aesthetics only, I like the look of the UFO unit as well. If you are looking to be seen, the BD and Tusk are way brighter. 19 leds as opposed to about 8 for the UFO.

Unless BD has scene updated their plate holder led, the UFO is worlds brighter...

I cant speak to the tusk one...maybe we need to do a night ride :smirk:

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted January 21, 2011 - 01:59 PM

Unless BD has scene updated their plate holder led, the UFO is worlds brighter...

I cant speak to the tusk one...maybe we need to do a night ride B)

Mine is brighter than yours :busted:. More importantly, I'm always up for some night time maddness. :smirk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.