mtb. bar ends as hand guards

1 reply to this topic
  • secretatlas

Posted July 23, 2003 - 07:52 AM

i thought you guys might like this one.
i was out riding one morning and hooked up with three fast guys and rode with them for awhile.

during one of our breaks i notice one of the guys on a crf was running OEM honda hand guards with mountain bike bar ends on the ends of his handlebars.

he said he had them laying around his garage and he started eyeing them. like me, he likes to stick with the oem hand guards since the are simple and provide enough protection in dez and chaparral riding environments.

however, he wanted something to protect his levers and provide lateral support to the guards and keep them from getting knocked back which they have a tendancy to do.

he said they work great but do look a little strage.

the ones he was running where straight "control stick" type bar ends for those of you who are mtbers. i don't think the curved style would work...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FooBarr

Posted July 23, 2003 - 12:30 PM

That would be a great hook to grab them sapplings and toss you on your arsh. Probably would work for the non-forest folk. I bought the Acerbis rally-pro guards and have had to bang on them with a hammer a time or two. Better than mangled Pro-tapers.

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.