Lowering Kit

4 replies to this topic
  • Ronnie Mac

Posted July 22, 2003 - 05:16 PM

Any one know of any lowering links for the wr450? Or leg extentions :).

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted July 23, 2003 - 03:38 AM

Norm Kouba is working on new links for our bikes, but at last report he still has nothing on the market. Check out www.koubalink.com
Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted July 23, 2003 - 04:14 AM

I am waiting for SIDI to come out with 3" platform boots. That will really help in the nasty stuff. It may look cool like the platform shoes of the 70's. :)

• BlueThunder

Posted July 23, 2003 - 09:48 PM

Ronnie....you could try dropping your fork tubes 4-5mm in the clamps and softening your shock preload to compensate(while still keeping proper sag if at all possible.....way more important to handling than touching the ground). Dropping the fork tubes lower will, however, make your steering a bit twitchier. All depends on what you're willing to give away for some toe-touchy. Heard Devol in Enumclaw WA has a way to lower the bike without sacrificing handling...give 'em a call?

• Ronnie Mac

Posted July 27, 2003 - 09:33 AM

Been waiting some time for the Koubo links. :snore:hopfully will be out soon. In the meanwhile I will try softening my preload (Blue thunder thanks) Good one Indy :) THANKS EVERY ONE. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.