02 YZ426f Start Problem

2 replies to this topic
  • FreestyleRoller

Posted January 17, 2011 - 11:12 AM

I just got my first big bike a few days ago, I picked up a 02 YZ426f used from a shop and it is having problems starting. When I picked it up at the shop they were adjusting the valves to spec. They told me it would need a new spark plug and a carb cleaning since it has been sitting for a while. They got it running at the shop and it wouldn't idle but it started it ran. I took it home and it sat for a 2 days until some snow melted and it wouldn't start so I turned up the idle and it finally started but it was a little choppy and backfired when the rpms dropped. I rode it around my yard for a little then put it back in my garage and when I went to start it today it fires and wants to start but just won't. I would really appreciate any help to possible get it running again

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sider_steve

Posted January 17, 2011 - 10:38 PM

Step number 1: get rid of the old gas in the tank and clean the float bowl and pilot and main jets with a good carb cleaner and compressed air.
Step number 2: Add fresh premium fuel to the tank.
Step number 3: follow the recomended starting procedure.
Step number 4 have fun and play safe

• FreestyleRoller

Posted January 20, 2011 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for the reply I drained the tank and cleaned carb and started and idled but I think the main problem was the idle screw was backed way out.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.