The 01 YZ426 is........

10 replies to this topic
  • G-Man

Posted March 26, 2001 - 09:46 AM

undeafeated in 2001 (at least mine is!) :D

Went 1-1 again yesterday at Canyon Raceway. They ran the long 5th gear start and I spun off the cement pad and was about 5th going into the first turn in the 1st moto. Got into 2nd before a half lap was completed. Now all I had to contend with was my ol time rival and friend Mark Anderson. Chased him the whole moto trying to stay out of his roost and sticking a wheel here and there. White flag came out on the big uphill step-up with a fast right hand sweeper followed by a tight 180 left hander. Held the gas on extra long and Mark gave me a TINY bit of room as he was making the turn only to find a big 426 in his way! :) Held on for the last lap making sure not to leave an opening as I knew Mark would retaliate, and he did as I beat him by a half bike length over the finish line step-up. Once we got back to the pits before we pulled off our helmets he gave me the universal sign, not sure if it meant #1 or what! LOL Seeing how I rode out with him I brushed it off and said “hey ya gave me about 8 inches of room, so I took it!”. :D

With the 1st pick of the gate for the 2nd moto I lined up on the other side of the box, holeshot and led wire to wire.
The streak is still alive, God I luv my Thumper!!

G-Man

------------------
G-Man

• yzernie

Posted March 26, 2001 - 10:20 PM

G-Man,

My bike is undefeated also. Ah...er...I haven't raced it yet but I won practice day at the track!!!!

yzernie

• F-Pilot

Posted March 27, 2001 - 01:41 PM

Still undefeated eh? Guess Tim and I will have to break out the ol' team tatics. :)

• G-Man

Posted March 27, 2001 - 03:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yzernie:
My bike is undefeated also. Ah...er...I haven't raced it yet but I won practice day at the track!!!!

Good job yzearnie, keep up the good work winning practice is important! :)

btw are you and ScottF gonna come over for the AZOTMX International race at Canyon?
It's a 2-day event 3 motos on Sat and 2 on Sunday. I promise to be a gracious host and be easy on you guys! :D

------------------
G-Man

• G-Man

Posted March 27, 2001 - 03:51 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by F-Pilot:
[B]Still undefeated eh? Guess Tim and I will have to break out the ol' team tatics.

Yea I've been wondering where you guys have been, now that I've come to terms with the Blue Beast. Your going to the International aren't ya?

G

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted March 27, 2001 - 06:13 PM

G-man,

What are the dates for the race? Where is this Canyon track located? What city is it close to?

I would love to participate in all of the international races but work intrudes on my personal agenda!!

I have only had my new 426 at the track (Sunrise, here in So. Cal.) twice and I really like it. The suspension has a different feel than my 98 400 and the motor feels stronger off of the bottom. I have not had any of the fouling problems that have been posted here.

Did you make it to the Riverside International at Sunrise?? I live about 15 minutes from there and ride there often.

Talk to you soon, Ernie

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 28, 2001 - 07:53 AM

G,
Have to let your 426F buddies know the bike that beat you to the first turn in the first moto at Canyon last weekend - my little 250F! Too bad I can't keep the darn thing on two wheels around that first turn!!! Thanks again for the ankle wrap for the second moto, it helped me toast the OTMX amatuer ranks even with my right ankle twice it's normal size. Got the ankle Xray'ed per doctors orders last evening, still waiting for the results. The doc poked and twisted it and said he didn't think I broke anything but wanted it Xray'ed to be sure. Yes, It still hurts!

YZearnie,
The AZOTMX international is at Canyon Offroad Park just north and a little west of Phoenix (about 30 minutes from downtown Phoenix). The races are April 14-15 (yes that is Easter Sunday on the 15th). Three weeks to heal the ankle, I'll be ready - hope you guys can make it. Bring water, lots of it...

Paul in AZ

• F-Pilot

Posted March 29, 2001 - 07:47 PM

We will be there, Tim went to the Sierra Intl this weekend, I am down for some much needed bike maintenance.

• sirthumpalot

Posted March 30, 2001 - 02:34 PM

Paul in AZ,

Sorry to hear about the ankle. If it's still soar before your next race, get some athletic tape (and a razer if you're hairy, prewrap takes away from the effect) and find someone who knows how to tape ankles. If done right you'll feel bulletproof. Good luck!

• G-Man

Posted March 31, 2001 - 03:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul in AZ:
[B]G,
Have to let your 426F buddies know the bike that beat you to the first turn in the first moto at Canyon last weekend - my little 250F!

Ahhhhhheeemmmmm......
Paul,
I know it's been kinda new since your comeback, but the race still is not won in the 1st corner, last time I checked it's the first one to the "Checkered Flag", this does not include lappers! :D So next time I come around to lap you stay outa the freagen way!!! :)

sorry man I couldn't resist...ssssssstttt

------------------
G-Man

[This message has been edited by G-Man (edited 03-31-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 31, 2001 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah G - My race is over and done and I'm in YZ heaven when I toast the big bores and 2 smokes to that first turn. Besides, I'm having so much fun finding new ways to crash in that turn I don't even think about the checkers!!!

On second thought, seeing how my foot is still swollen and hurting worse than it did a week ago (no, my doctor still hasn't return my calls to tell me if anything is broken), maybe I should reconsider my start strategy. I have a new chant "Two wheels are good, Two wheels are my pal!"...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.