Ferry at Houston Round 11

2 replies to this topic
  • BBRguy

Posted March 25, 2001 - 10:37 PM

Went to the races yesterday, and watched Tim Ferry Absolutly eat everyone up...in practice he was going 1 second faster than carmichael (who looked slow) if you get a chance to watch it on tv this weekend. watch for when ferry slingshots his way out of a big berm after the infield triple, simply amazing, he was hitting in third gear pinned (trust me i watched him allll practice) but come main event time he holeshot, and then windham carmichael and mcgrath passed him, so did a few others...carmichael won again, but not by 45 seconds, as he usually does...only by about 8 this time :) mcgrath looked dang good too, realllly smooth and fast. windham led a few laps then faded to about 3rd or 4th...man it was a tough track too. i talked to ferry in the pits, he said its the hardest theyve ever seen. SWEET! lata yall!.
by the way i got his autograph he he he

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted March 26, 2001 - 12:09 AM

Could this mean that the 426 has a distinct advantage against the 2-strokes? It would appear that the whiners only come out when this bike wins. Maybe if Larocco took the reins and took the holeshot and won easily on a 426, then the other "factories" would complain loudly. Personally, I always wondered how Larocket would fare on this bike since he is such a strong finisher and is always physically prepared.

• YZR426

Posted March 26, 2001 - 07:22 AM

Hey Mr Boit,
I don't know what the chances are but I feel that LA Rocket would be the best contender to RC in the Outdoor Champs on the "all new" CRF450. With his strength and stamina it would be a good choice for The Red team?
Then again He would go even better on the reliable and fully sorted Why Zee 426!
I wonder if Team Yamaha USA has thought about getting a Works Euro frame & engine for Mr Ferry to use in the outdoor battle of the Four strokes ?

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.