James Stewart in Phoenix....special stuff on his bike !

29 replies to this topic
  • ssheppard9804

Posted January 15, 2011 - 10:07 PM

Really??????

Well, I don't wanna say that the AMA would do that, but who knows? I'm sure alot of stuff goes down that we don't know about.... Maybe it is just some type of sensor to monitor how much wheel spin the bike has on certain parts of the track or something, to allow the team to make changes for next week........ Maybe just maybe? But like I said, Bubba's reaction to Erin's question wasn't very sincere, and I'm sure you heard the commentary from RC and Fro about it before the main.... the "grey area" comments? Yamaha better clear this up next week or they will be under a magnifying glass in Los Angeles!!

• rickallen124

Posted January 15, 2011 - 10:33 PM

It could just be data acquisition that they are doing to determine what are the best ignition fuel maps for a given track, not really traction control. I was told back when Reed was on Suzuki that they had ignitions/ecm that would change the fuel and ignition mapping for certain parts of the track-a type of traction control in my opinion. If Suzuki had the capability to put the whole track on a gps map and have the ecm change settings according to the bikes location on the track back then, who knows what Honda, Yamaha and all of the other factory teams are capable of now. I think it's more data acquisition but tons of things are possible that don't break the rule.

• almostinvincible119

Posted January 15, 2011 - 10:46 PM

WELL! We obviously know who Gunner pulls for...I'm more of a JGR Yamaha fan than a L&M Supercross Only fan.

And if you need traction control, or a launch control like RV has, or if Honda was using it last year with Short, then I think you don't need to be on the box. If you have to have a technical advantage over THE ENTIRE FIELD, then your obviously admitting that you are concerned you cant win heads up.

Personally, I say that the 450 suspension should be capped at a price like the 250s.

• ttr250dude

Posted January 16, 2011 - 01:10 AM

Hahaha wow i just watched it. First he says "obviously it (traction control) didnt help much", then he says "it was a piece of dirt". It's some serious BS that the team riders get it easier than privateers. Shouldnt it be the other way around???

• HRC

Posted January 16, 2011 - 02:45 AM

I dont like bubba anymore. After the brake speed monitor thing, he obviously cant win like everyone else. They just bent the rules to a whole new level....

:D:lol::bonk: :smirk::banghead:B) :busted::smashpc::p

If the other teams want it ! They could get it here : http://www.getdata.i...ria=32&lang=ita

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BlackT5

Posted January 16, 2011 - 08:08 AM

They dont need a rear wheel sensor for TC. In road racing there are different forms of TC. The most crude is using the crankshaft sensor to monitor rate of change and if it accels past a predetermened rate it cuts spark. Yosh Suzuki was the first to do it in AMA. Real TC compairs front wheel to rear wheel speed difference and cuts based on that. Yosh got away with it when you could hear the bike sputtering on corner exit by saying the tune was off.

If they really were trying to hide TC they could do it so stealth no one would know. I really think its a data logging device. No sensors needed. Lots of roadracing data logging equipment now comes with GPS to track map.

• Gunner354

Posted January 16, 2011 - 08:25 AM

WELL! We obviously know who Gunner pulls for...I'm more of a JGR Yamaha fan than a L&M Supercross Only fan.

And if you need traction control, or a launch control like RV has, or if Honda was using it last year with Short, then I think you don't need to be on the box. If you have to have a technical advantage over THE ENTIRE FIELD, then your obviously admitting that you are concerned you cant win heads up.

Personally, I say that the 450 suspension should be capped at a price like the 250s.

No I would call bs if it was on any factory teams bike. There is no way it is traction control. Give the credit for an incredible comeback and quit making excuses. Just a lot of sore losers that can't admit Bubba is the fastest man on a dirtbike. Grow up people!

• twosixtwo

Posted January 16, 2011 - 08:51 AM

I don't think it was a dirty question, the JGR guys saw it and were obviously talking about it, so we the viewers at home would want that question asked and JS reaction made it seem like he was caught....hurry up and wait I guess.

• IBeInNC

Posted January 16, 2011 - 09:15 AM

Maybe it's just an odometer cable and James is now being paid by the mile.

• grayracer513

Posted January 16, 2011 - 11:43 AM

What's the problem with using traction controls? Some of the big road racing sanctioning bodies allow that and ABS systems, and no one has a problem with it there.

BTW, there's a whole forum for this kind of Bubba's God/Bubba sucks stuff:

http://www.thumperta...splay.php?f=348

This BS belongs over there.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.