broken rod

1 reply to this topic
  • proudy29

Posted January 13, 2011 - 05:46 PM

hi guys i posted before that my 06 450 started blowing heaps of smoke out of the rear exhaust and oil was pissing out of the crank hose.well today i pulled the top end of and the bottom of the rod were the big bearing goes has split completely down one side.the bike got taken to my mates house the other day and he kicked the bike over and it started i wasnt there when he done that.also i noticed the rod were its cracked rite accross has hit up against the engine housing.its the one with the engine numbers.i will post some photos up for you guys a bit later.anyone no what could of caused this.thanks guys

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxmaddman

Posted January 13, 2011 - 06:50 PM

head gasket might have dumped some water in it and hydro locked it or metal fatigue i suppose.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.