LEXX end cap 08 YZ450 review

28 replies to this topic
  • warrick75

Posted March 27, 2011 - 07:20 AM

SXP, compared to the WR it will be louder no doubt. It really wasn't that much louder than my stock 08 end cap was and I am running the full diameter outlet. This is one of the big reasons I went with Lexx as I now have an option to put the smaller outlet in to cut down on noise in certain areas as well. I think the carbon fiber gives it a great look as well.

• grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2011 - 08:13 AM

Be advised that when evaluating how loud your bike is "by ear", you need to have someone else ride it past you. My son used to insist that the White Bros. R4 on his 250F wasn't "that loud" until one day he let a friend ride it around. His buddy ripped past us, and Junior cringed and said, "Shit, that thing's loud!"

A matter of perspective. It's always quieter on board the bike.

• blueberg17

Posted April 01, 2011 - 07:47 PM

Just put mine on!:cheers:

Posted Image

• ttr250dude

Posted April 01, 2011 - 10:45 PM

A few days ago i fanally got a chance to let my bike stretch its legs. The mid-range is much much better and packs a stronger punch with the Lexx. I wouldnt quite say that its night and day, but its close.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blueberg17

Posted April 02, 2011 - 08:09 AM

A few days ago i fanally got a chance to let my bike stretch its legs. The mid-range is much much better and packs a stronger punch with the Lexx. I wouldnt quite say that its night and day, but its close.

Did you install the "special inner core" that Lexx Xc came with?

I plan on testing with it in and out. My guess is that it won't make much of a difference.....

• ttr250dude

Posted April 02, 2011 - 01:35 PM

Did you install the "special inner core" that Lexx Xc came with?

I plan on testing with it in and out. My guess is that it won't make much of a difference.....

Right now i'm using the larger diameter outlet and nothing else. When i go out riding on state owned trails i'll use the inner core, smaller outlet, and spark arrestor to keep it as close to legal as possible.

To answer your question, i have never tried it with the inner core.

• blueberg17

Posted April 02, 2011 - 09:37 PM

Right now i'm using the larger diameter outlet and nothing else. When i go out riding on state owned trails i'll use the inner core, smaller outlet, and spark arrestor to keep it as close to legal as possible.

Ok, well I will give it a try and let you know.

• shrubitup

Posted April 02, 2011 - 09:47 PM

Just put mine on!:ride:

Posted Image

Rear tire has seen better days. :cheers:

• blueberg17

Posted April 04, 2011 - 12:07 PM

I tested it this weekend and here is my opinion:

-with the inner core(baffle) installed I didn't notice any difference from stock; noise and power delivery seemed the same to me.

-without the inner core the engine breathed better and definatly woke up the dead, giving it a little more bite on the bottom end.

-the screen didn't make any difference in or out(so I left it in)

-The larger outlet(46mm) barked like a thumper; the smaller outlet(32mm) was quiet and steathly

The only complaint I have is that the carbon-fiber cover already got cracked from a flying rock:banghead: other than that it is a good quality, cheap option for USFS end cap.

Rear tire has seen better days. :cheers:

Yeah, yeah. It still throws a roost!:ride: and it has already been replaced.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.