YZ 450f Exhaust cam on the WR 450f

3 replies to this topic
  • 450roost

Posted July 22, 2003 - 08:48 AM

Has anyone else tryed it? Do you think it has made a diffrence?

--Rick :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 22, 2003 - 11:42 AM

Absolutely! The bike has a stonger midrange and top end but will sacrifice bottom end grunt. It is a big difference in power output. Power hungry riders this is a must! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • live_to_ride

Posted July 22, 2003 - 05:04 PM

Absolutely! The bike has a stonger midrange and top end but will sacrifice bottom end grunt. It is a big difference in power output. Power hungry riders this is a must! :)

What he said. I love mine, but on tighter more technical trails, the wr cam is better. The yz cam is the way to go for more open desert and that is where I ride a lot. It also helped throttle response a lot by making it a lot more snappy. :D

:D

• 450roost

Posted July 23, 2003 - 02:23 AM

Thanks for the info. :) I have riden around 300 miles with mine installed (mostly woods and hill climbs). I can tell the diffrence also in the mid-range and top end. When I shift gears at high rpm's you can really fell the punch.

---Rick :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.