Getting the GYTR power tuner, which map do you prefer ?

21 replies to this topic
  • fraser

Posted February 08, 2011 - 09:08 AM

I'm the same, tried a few but ended up with the Marmont map and loved it. Ran it with that all year.

Need a bit of advice here though. I've recently installed a DT1 power filter and cage, and am in the process of adding the Cycra powerflow vented rad covers for the theoretical 40% air fow improvement. By the time its all back together I'll have little to no time to test.

Will the airflow increase have any effect on the mapping? I mean am I likely to need to re-map anything as a result? If so what is the probable effect, just so I know which direction to go in I'm guessing it would be on the fuel maps? Anyone know?
Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2012yz450f

Posted September 13, 2015 - 09:11 AM

The map you have here, is it a custom map you made or if not where did you get it? I was thinking it was the Marmont map, but checked the map database here on TT and it's different than what's in that thread for the Marmont map. OBTW that "Marmont map" is also known as the Dr. D very aggressive map. Bottom line as far as I can tell the map you have above is pretty close to the Dr. D/Marmont map in the IGN areas, but much leaner on the fuel side. So I don't confuse everyone THIS is what I know as the Dr. D/Jay Marmont map:
Fuel Injection (FI)
-1 +3 -2
+3 +4 -3
-2 -3 -2
Ignition (IG)
+2 +2 +2
+2 +4 +2
+2 +4 +4

So, having said all that...how does the Dr. D/Marmont map compare to your custom map? (BTW does it have a name? :))
OBTW I'm running the Yosh RS-4 and really like how broad the power is.

what kind of bike is everyone talking about here? YZ450F or Yz250f

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.