WR450F + 09 YZ Cams + FMF 4.1 Megabomb + CP High Comp 13:1 + Vortex ignition - Dyno

5 replies to this topic
  • muddza

Posted January 12, 2011 - 06:26 PM

While recovering from an ACL reconstruction in my right knee I thought I'd have the motor rebuilt in the '08' WR with '09' YZ Cams, CP High Comp Piston 13:1, FMF 4.1 Megabomb full titanium system + Vortex X10 Ignition, then had it jetted to suit & dynoed.

View the dyno run

The end result.... MAP-0 on the vortex

Max Power - 50.08 hp @ 8500 rpm
Max Torque - 32.82 ft-lbs @ 7000 rpm

Jetting as follows

Main - #170
Pilot - #45
DSQ Needle - 3rd Clip
Fuel Screw - 1 1/4 turns out

More cosmetic mods to come!

Posted Image

• Shred Jesse

Posted January 12, 2011 - 07:07 PM

Any chance we could get a higher resolution image? I'd like to see a dyno run from stock to compare to!

• muddza

Posted January 12, 2011 - 07:13 PM

Here is the link to a higher resolution dyno image...

Think the stock WR puts out under 40hp without de-restricting???

The dyno shop had recently done a WR450F with a white bros full system + vortex Ignition with stock cams which had 45 Max hp. When compared to my graph I had a fatter curve all the way from when the throttle was cracked off the bottom :smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shred Jesse

Posted January 13, 2011 - 12:26 AM

Ahhh, now that looks like it definitely breathed some life into your bike!

• muddza

Posted January 13, 2011 - 01:15 AM

yep sure did... more like a fire breathing monster!!! Ohhh and it's street legal here in AUS... but lets keep that on tha down lo hahahahha

• muddza

Posted January 13, 2011 - 02:39 PM

They also compared my bike with a stock 2010 YZ which ran identical power curves but just had 2hp more in the over-rev...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.